Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 044
^Just read that this morning myself. A bit of a shock since i'm sure Star Alliance likes to keep the competition out.
I'm not sure how this really affects YEG. In one sense, you'd think it would be easier to keep a flight full to YYC than to YEG. On the other hand, YEG has no competition so does that make it more attractive? I'm sure KLM and BA put a dent into YYC's FRA numbers not to mention the multitutde of charters in the summer on Air Transat.
Also remember that YYC used to have 2 AC flights to LHR. AC reverted to 1 flight to LHR but was it due to BA stepping in or was it due to the new YEG-LHR flight. Perhaps a little of both.
|
I really liked the timing of the LH flight, a much earlier arrival into FRA than the AC flight. It will be missed. Plus I really enjoyed the service on LH, love that German efficiency.
The spotter in me had no problem with AC dropping LHR from 2x daily in the summer to 1x daily since they up-guaged to the 77W. Loved seeing it here!
BA keeps plugging along with LHR daily, and KL has continued to grow the AMS flight (including the up-guage to the MD-11 over the summer), I would assume they did take a bit of the LH/AC traffic to cause this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket252
Its interesting considering that according to some of the posters AC is trying to funnel more traffic from the states through Canadaian cities that have London/Europe flights.
|
I wonder if that is more of a push out east where a flight from a major American centre to YYZ/YUL is much quicker than flying LAX-YVR/YYC to then connect onto Europe.