HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


    One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #16681  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 7:05 PM
SkyscrapersOfNewYork's Avatar
SkyscrapersOfNewYork SkyscrapersOfNewYork is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall guy 31 View Post
I wonder if there is something wrong with the last row of corner cladding pieces. it seems they left all of the pieces out on the last row installed.
No there not defective thats there for mechanical reasons.
__________________
New York City,The City That Never Sleeps,The Capitol Of The World,The Big Apple,The Empire City,The Melting Pot,The Metropolis,Gotham

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold
     
     
  #16682  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 7:12 PM
Tall guy 31 Tall guy 31 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
No there not defective thats there for mechanical reasons.
But this is an office floor.....right?? I thought the mechanical floors were a little higher.
     
     
  #16683  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 7:24 PM
SkyscrapersOfNewYork's Avatar
SkyscrapersOfNewYork SkyscrapersOfNewYork is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall guy 31 View Post
But this is an office floor.....right?? I thought the mechanical floors were a little higher.
The base has all the mechanical space and theres some mechanical space at the top concerning the spire/transmission. Though they will be closed up but for now the workers need those spaces on that floor for mechanical work related reasons. I forgot for what i believe it has to do with the hoist or something though they will be closed.
__________________
New York City,The City That Never Sleeps,The Capitol Of The World,The Big Apple,The Empire City,The Melting Pot,The Metropolis,Gotham

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold
     
     
  #16684  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 7:48 PM
Tall guy 31 Tall guy 31 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
The base has all the mechanical space and theres some mechanical space at the top concerning the spire/transmission. Though they will be closed up but for now the workers need those spaces on that floor for mechanical work related reasons. I forgot for what i believe it has to do with the hoist or something though they will be closed.

OK..I'm confused now. Maybe I worded my Q wrong. I'm talking about the top row of glass (about 60 floors up). If you noticed, they left the corner cladding off (they actually took some cladding off it yesterday). This is the first time I've seen them skip the corner piece cladding working it's way up.

Sorry for any confusion on my part.
     
     
  #16685  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 8:11 PM
JSsocal JSsocal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
The base has all the mechanical space and theres some mechanical space at the top concerning the spire/transmission. Though they will be closed up but for now the workers need those spaces on that floor for mechanical work related reasons. I forgot for what i believe it has to do with the hoist or something though they will be closed.
Even though they're talking about a different row of glass, your description of the reason behind the lack of glass on the first office floor is false. They are open so that the curtain wall on the base can be installed.
     
     
  #16686  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 8:17 PM
SkyscrapersOfNewYork's Avatar
SkyscrapersOfNewYork SkyscrapersOfNewYork is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
Even though they're talking about a different row of glass, your description of the reason behind the lack of glass on the first office floor is false. They are open so that the curtain wall on the base can be installed.
i said a mechanical reason to finish work, any construction work falls under that.
__________________
New York City,The City That Never Sleeps,The Capitol Of The World,The Big Apple,The Empire City,The Melting Pot,The Metropolis,Gotham

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold
     
     
  #16687  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 8:22 PM
SkyscrapersOfNewYork's Avatar
SkyscrapersOfNewYork SkyscrapersOfNewYork is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall guy 31 View Post
OK..I'm confused now. Maybe I worded my Q wrong. I'm talking about the top row of glass (about 60 floors up). If you noticed, they left the corner cladding off (they actually took some cladding off it yesterday). This is the first time I've seen them skip the corner piece cladding working it's way up.

Sorry for any confusion on my part.
Sorry i didnt understand the Q.
__________________
New York City,The City That Never Sleeps,The Capitol Of The World,The Big Apple,The Empire City,The Melting Pot,The Metropolis,Gotham

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold
     
     
  #16688  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 8:48 PM
CarlosV's Avatar
CarlosV CarlosV is offline
Bionic Boogie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,820


Golden skies

showers gone...


DSC_3205 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

.


DSC_3201 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

.


DSC_3202 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
__________________
I Love NY
September 11, 2001 Never Forget
Save water, shower with a friend!
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks
     
     
  #16689  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 9:32 PM
Servo's Avatar
Servo Servo is offline
I Serve
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33
That's impressive for one day! So close to that last office floor...
     
     
  #16690  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 10:19 PM
Brian Dino Vabec's Avatar
Brian Dino Vabec Brian Dino Vabec is offline
NYC to LA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 235
     
     
  #16691  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 10:45 PM
NewYorker2009 NewYorker2009 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 293
It's finally become a reality. This is the moment we have all been waiting for, for One World Trade to make its mark on the skyline just as the Twin Towers did 40 years ago. It's been 10 years since I could actually envision something this tall in this city again. I remember how when the Twins were there I was so used to them, then the skyline became empty and now I'm getting used to Lower Manhattan having that symbol that stands out more than anything on the island and the funny thing is that it is just one Tower and look how much of an impact it has already, not to mention it hasn't even topped out yet.
     
     
  #16692  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 11:48 PM
Davidsam52 Davidsam52 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUSSY WILLOW View Post


Golden skies

showers gone...


DSC_3205 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

.


DSC_3201 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

.


DSC_3202 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
here come floors 83 & 84!!
     
     
  #16693  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 12:29 AM
jd3189's Avatar
jd3189 jd3189 is offline
An Optimistic Realist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA / West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 6,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
It's finally become a reality. This is the moment we have all been waiting for, for One World Trade to make its mark on the skyline just as the Twin Towers did 40 years ago. It's been 10 years since I could actually envision something this tall in this city again. I remember how when the Twins were there I was so used to them, then the skyline became empty and now I'm getting used to Lower Manhattan having that symbol that stands out more than anything on the island and the funny thing is that it is just one Tower and look how much of an impact it has already, not to mention it hasn't even topped out yet.
I feel you. 1 WTC is going to dominate.
__________________
MAWA: Make America Walkable Again
     
     
  #16694  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 12:40 AM
Kevin Scott Koepke Kevin Scott Koepke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 252

DSC03178 by kevin scott koepke photography, on Flickr


DSC03181 by kevin scott koepke photography, on Flickr

Please do not repost, copy, or otherwise reproduce. Thank you.
     
     
  #16695  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 1:09 AM
sw5710 sw5710 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,519
1,043'
     
     
  #16696  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 2:56 AM
Otie's Avatar
Otie Otie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 700
Never saw this photoshoped SOM's version of the Communications Ring. (From Architectural Record September 2011 version)

     
     
  #16697  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 3:27 AM
CarlosV's Avatar
CarlosV CarlosV is offline
Bionic Boogie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,820
breath taking

Fireworks over lower manhattan...


DSC_3219 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
__________________
I Love NY
September 11, 2001 Never Forget
Save water, shower with a friend!
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks
     
     
  #16698  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 3:28 AM
CarlosV's Avatar
CarlosV CarlosV is offline
Bionic Boogie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,820

DSC_3244 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
__________________
I Love NY
September 11, 2001 Never Forget
Save water, shower with a friend!
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks
     
     
  #16699  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 3:28 AM
CarlosV's Avatar
CarlosV CarlosV is offline
Bionic Boogie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,820

DSC_3237 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
__________________
I Love NY
September 11, 2001 Never Forget
Save water, shower with a friend!
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks
     
     
  #16700  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 3:29 AM
CarlosV's Avatar
CarlosV CarlosV is offline
Bionic Boogie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,820

DSC_3211 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
.


DSC_3226 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

.


DSC_3233 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
__________________
I Love NY
September 11, 2001 Never Forget
Save water, shower with a friend!
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:35 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.