HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #241  
Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 8:47 PM
chrisallard5454's Avatar
chrisallard5454 chrisallard5454 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipegger View Post
How lame. I agree, with the new stadium going up near by, I was hoping for an Olive Garden.
I miss those. They don't have any around where I live. In fact I am not sure if there is any in the entire of Western Ontario, including Toronto. Anyone know? Andy?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #242  
Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 10:01 PM
Winnipegger Winnipegger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
I miss those. They don't have any around where I live. In fact I am not sure if there is any in the entire of Western Ontario, including Toronto. Anyone know? Andy?
According to their website, the most eastern province which has an Olive Garden is Manitoba. There are also some in Alberta and British Columbia. However there are some in the states. Try Detroit?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #243  
Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 12:15 AM
trebor204's Avatar
trebor204 trebor204 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 764
I gather the old Salisbury House location (old Perkin's Location - Across from the old Red Lobster) has since closed. There is a Salisbury House a few blocks south.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #244  
Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 3:08 AM
Kinguni's Avatar
Kinguni Kinguni is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor204 View Post
I gather the old Salisbury House location (old Perkin's Location - Across from the old Red Lobster) has since closed. There is a Salisbury House a few blocks south.
Any restaurant built there is doomed to failure at some point. Remember the old Pony Corral that burned down (twice?)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #245  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2011, 9:03 PM
Jack1983 Jack1983 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 128
I noticed the old Pizza Hut on Donald Downtown has been getting some touchup's lately, they added some plants, painted misc. things outside and now there is a sign that I believe says "New DHoom and Lounge opening Soon" or something along those lines.

Not sure what a dhoom is but we will find out shortly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #246  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2011, 10:13 PM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,914
The old Baskin Robbins in Portage Place is getting a new restaurant.

The red awnings say "Chef Express of India". Glad it isn't just another deep fried restaurant.

Looks locally owned.

http://chefexpressindia.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #247  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2011, 12:00 AM
Andy6's Avatar
Andy6 Andy6 is offline
Starring as himself
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto Yorkville
Posts: 9,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
I miss those. They don't have any around where I live. In fact I am not sure if there is any in the entire of Western Ontario, including Toronto. Anyone know? Andy?
Never seen one. There are some other dining options in Toronto, though, so don't despair.
__________________
crispy crunchy light and snappy
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #248  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2011, 1:17 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1983 View Post
I noticed the old Pizza Hut on Donald Downtown has been getting some touchup's lately, they added some plants, painted misc. things outside and now there is a sign that I believe says "New DHoom and Lounge opening Soon" or something along those lines.

Not sure what a dhoom is but we will find out shortly.
dhoom sounds like an indian place - the name kind of took off after the hit movies


watchmovie.co.in
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #249  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2011, 8:00 PM
hexrae's Avatar
hexrae hexrae is offline
Armchair urbanist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 922
I walked by and indeed the former Pizza Hut sign says, "Opening soon, Dhoom rest lounge".
__________________
[Insert profound statement here]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #250  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2011, 2:21 PM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,914
Harvey's will be one of the restaurants at the old McDonalds at 600 Portage.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/another-recession-bring-it-on-127719638.html

Quote:
He said it's a similar story with Harvey's, which is owned by the same parent company -- Cara Foods. It also plans to open "several" outlets in Winnipeg over the next few years.

The first will be in the former McDonald's restaurant at 600 Portage Ave. It will be sharing the space with two other food outlets whose names haven't been announced.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #251  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2011, 5:10 PM
Mininari Mininari is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria (formerly Port Moody, then Winnipeg)
Posts: 2,447


The other two haven't been announced yet? But theres a sign in the window that says "pizza pizza coming soon!"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #252  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2011, 11:46 AM
Authentic_City's Avatar
Authentic_City Authentic_City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,790
Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
U of W an eatery magnet
7 restaurants springing up in campus district

By: Murray McNeill

Posted: 08/17/2011 1:00 AM


"A smorgasbord of new restaurants will be sprouting up around the University of Winnipeg campus during the next few months, breathing new life into the west side of downtown.

Seven new eateries will be opening in the Portage Avenue area west of Memorial Boulevard. They include four outlets in U of W buildings and three in a long-vacant building two blocks west of the main university campus -- the former McDonald's restaurant on the south side of Portage at Langside Street."

[,,,]

Full story: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/u-of-w-an-eatery-magnet-127923053.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #253  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2011, 1:45 PM
Authentic_City's Avatar
Authentic_City Authentic_City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,790
Anyone know anything about a coffee shop/gallery that is rumored to be going in to the "Cue Club" building on the north side of Portage at Furby (just west of UW Science Bldg? There was some talk of this in the reader comments attached to the Free Press story above. Would be great to see some new life breathed into this mixed use block.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:19 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.