Some comments about the plaza:
-the pavers they used look ABSOLUTELY fantastic. I was shocked at how great it looks in person!
-the giant corten steel light posts are super cool! They are much bigger in person than they appear in pictures. They feel like a giant, imposing piece of art which is neat.
-I find the "living room" furniture to be a little lacking in mass for the area they are in. When the project started, I was expecting permanent structures that kind of enclosed the area a little. These feel like someone just bolted down some really nice lawn furniture. They look out of place. Hopefully there will be some planters or tables, or something to help "fill out" the area.
-This space is HUGE! It could easily hold a few thousand people for a good sized concerts. I'm thinking some good size touring bands could play the plaza and the atmosphere would be UNREAL.
-That same "hugeness" I think might leave the place feeling a little baron when nothing is going on. There's no trees or greenery between the park and the buildings on the other side. Maybe this is yet to be added?
Anyway, enjoy the pics...
Picture 019 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 017 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 016 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 015 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 014 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 012 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 011 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 010 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 009 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 008 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 007 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 006 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 005 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 004 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 003 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 002 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr
Picture 001 by
StreakersQB, on Flickr