HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 3:08 PM
fusili's Avatar
fusili fusili is offline
Retrofit Urbanist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
That system is used in all of Japan. At train stations, you look at the map and choose your destination and pay accordingly. On busses, you look at the screen that identifies the amount of the fare based on the stop and then pay as you get off the bus, allowing you to embark and disembark via either door. And you can use cash or fare card.
The BART (the San Francisco/Bay Area Transit) uses differentiated fares as well. But I don't think the idea is necessary in Calgary. In a multi-jurisdictional municipality I think it makes sense so that the centre city is not subsidizing the surrounding towns etc, but until the train goes out to Cochrane and Airdrie (which I hope it never will), I think we should stick with a flat fare.
__________________
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:16 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.