HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth


    Sutton Place Nova Centre in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 2:31 AM
worldlyhaligonian worldlyhaligonian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
The spectacle Save the View put on during the height of this debate was unbelievable. Bringing in so called experts on conventions, which in itself was a convention was quite ironic.

I do not doubt for one minute they they are working hard still to prevent the convention centre from proceeding. They probably will go online posting comments using different aliases saying that they are not concerned about the height to make it look as if there is some large opposition to this project based on taxes.
I totally agree that different aliases may be used. Aside from that, I also think that there are alot of people with mixed up opinions about this.

I love the irony in hosting a convention that says conventions aren't viable anymore.

Everybody who thinks there are no industry/trade events in Canada is simply trying to cash in on the opposition towards such poor investments in places like recessionville USA. Why not have a convention and charge people money to make them be against trade centres in their local area!

Look at this one website with only future Canadian events selected as the search:
http://www.tsnn.com/search/events?title=&country=Canada

I stopped after about 4-5 pages because there were so many events I figure Halifax can get a bigger piece of this pie with a better facility. We are only an hour away from Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and represent the whole atlantic region.

Even if the convention centre part wasn't uber successful, its still the type of public infrastructure like libraries, etc that our city needs. I would prefer anything above the current volume of people we have coming here... and its not for our libraries or skating oval.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:48 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.