Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes
I actually don't care if they have a city logo on them. birthgob is right in saying that it looks like bad coordination within the city, but I've worked in enough companies to know that waiting on other departments just means that nothing will ever get done.
My annoyance on this is the city doesn't need to redraw it's logos every five years. I'd rather they went back to the old shield instead of drawing one that is in style this decade and then looks dated (in a bad way) next decade. Redrawing them every decade means you will get inconsistency all over the place.
|
If you mean the old crown logo...yuck. It screams government, is dated, and was just plain bland.
I agree with you that we don't need to rebrand every few years, but the skyline logo was built with an expiry date. Skylines don't stay the same forever (unless you keep voting NDP).
The logos for cities are a much smaller part of city branding than they are for product branding. Name any city in the world, and 100 more things will pop into your mind before their logo...if the logo does at all. Do the the same thing with products...and the logo is immediate.
Aside from the cost of replacing the logo throughout all materials, I think it's good to keep the brand fresh, progressive, and trendy...for a city that is. The new logo does a much better job at representing what this city wants to be than either of the last 2 ever did.