It was just a grassy area along Pasqua St. Not sure what they're doing, but they were digging a hole right beside the building yesterday.
Maybe they are going to enlarge Sobey's? I haven't seen the actual hole... but I can't imagine there being enough frontage there for another store due to the exit from Pasqua.
Maybe they are going to enlarge Sobey's? I haven't seen the actual hole... but I can't imagine there being enough frontage there for another store due to the exit from Pasqua.
I heard that it is a Dollarama from some employees at Sobeys....boooo!
Went clothes shopping at the mark work warehouse there last weekend, noticed that both the taco del mari and pet store where closed. Windows had paper on them and thay looked abandoned. Man those didn't last very long.
The Metro Pet Market hasn't opened yet and Taco Del Mar lost to competition with Mucho Burrito across Pasqua St which I personally think is much better.
Is Metro moving from downtown or just opening a second location?
I miss Harveys, I'm hoping 5 guys can replace that good burger feeling if it opens up and is good.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Screw it, I'm going to Saskatoon too eat at fuddruckers.
Except they were opposed to a mental health facility going up near their store, which was disappointing to me. My girlfriend volunteers for the Phoenix Society and told me about this. They are already near the General Hospital so I don't see what the issue was. Anyways, we won't ever be shopping there again.
I'll continue to shop at Metro, looking forward to the new store opening. Also, some issues with the building going up behind them, but won't get in to it. There is more to this than just saying they are against it.
Does anybody have any information about the huge theme hotel and street redevelopment on River Street in Moose Jaw across from the new Multiplex? Plans? Renderings? Status? is this thing real, or just a pipe dream? I have seen their website, but the images on it are small and hard to interpret...
To me it's remarkable (not the good kind of remarkable) how the city of Regina could replace (nearly) every one of its bus stop signs, and within a year the city has a new logo and the signs are outdated.
Does anybody have any information about the huge theme hotel and street redevelopment on River Street in Moose Jaw across from the new Multiplex? Plans? Renderings? Status? is this thing real, or just a pipe dream? I have seen their website, but the images on it are small and hard to interpret...
There are some renders and info on the other developments thread. Also on this site there are large renders.
^^At least that one lists which buses stop there. Most of the signs outside the core and many inside the core don't tell you.
Agreed on the logos. Rebranding and re-logoing is a gigantic waste of money. You only build a brand through time. Redeciding on a slogan and graphic for yourself every five to ten years does nothing to build that brand in the long run.
That's not really the point I wanted to make. My point was that transit should have known the city was planning a rebrand, and held off on the signs. Doesn't one hand know what the other is doing?
Fair enough. But if you give more than a passing thought to branding, then you know this is a bad way to go about it. These are brand new signs. They'll be up for at least a decade.
Furthermore, I'm of the belief that transit needs its own brand, distinct from the city's overall brand. They had that in the 1980s with the bus symbol... but then someone decided that transit shouldn't be advertised differently than any other city department, with the City of Regina umbrella logo.