HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 9:52 PM
fenwick16 fenwick16 is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto area (ex-Nova Scotian)
Posts: 5,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waye Mason View Post
With the feds out for a pro stadium we are back to ACOA for funding from the feds, which means a small stadium probably $50 mil or less. I can't see ACOA, who's budget is being cut this year, putting in more than 7-15 mil.

Here is the funding breakdown for the Moncton Stadium for reference:
Thanks for the information Waye Mason - nice find. I think if ACOA could contribute $15 million then that would be about the best that we could all hope for. I am still hoping that the HRM will set up a building fund to give individuals a chance to contribute. Then if a corporate sponsor could be found to match the individual contributions it could possibly amount to a significant amount of money.

I agree with terrynorthend, the BMO Field received a significant contribution from the federal government which doesn't seem right. The problem that I see, is that there are too many extravagant sports proposals seeking federal funds right now.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.