Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16
Thanks for the information Waye Mason - nice find. I think if ACOA could contribute $15 million then that would be about the best that we could all hope for. I am still hoping that the HRM will set up a building fund to give individuals a chance to contribute. Then if a corporate sponsor could be found to match the individual contributions it could amount to a significant amount of money.
|
More data, this is from the Wikipedia page for BMO so I have not verified it, but:
Quote:
|
With a total costs of $62.9 million[12] ($72 million including land), contributions came from multiple sources. MLSE contributed $8 million towards the construction of the stadium and $10 million towards securing the naming rights of the stadium, which they later resold to the Bank of Montreal for $27 million over 10 years.[13][14] The Canadian Federal Government contributed $27 million, with Ontario's government adding an additional $8 million. Toronto paid $9.8 million, and has the ownership of the stadium.
|
Issues for us: 1 - there is no private partner with $8 million around. 2 $10 million in naming rights in Toronto, so far less in Halifax. 3 This project started when Paul Martin was Prime Minister, so conditions are different 4 Toronto has 3 million people, proportionally they would contribute, what, 3 million here?
I don't think it is realistic to go from $7.5 million in Moncton to $27 mil in Halifax, on par with Toronto. I think 7-15 million, probably from ACOA, is the range. Now ACOA has what, 200 mil to spend in Nova Scotia a year, a lot is committed already, so 15 mil from ACOA is a substantial chunk. Huge.