HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #561  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 6:20 PM
MadMax MadMax is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Does anyone know anything about the restaurant space in the Wingate? I was driving by last night and noticed a sign on the north side of the building that said Opening Soon, but that was about all I could make out (it was blowing in the wind and kinda dark). It looked like maybe it said Dynasty or something...

PS All this fighting about populations, of all things, is annoying. Instead of arguing over posts that are barely coherent to begin with, just ignore them and I think everyone will be happier.
I noticed the sign too. It said 'Dynasty - Gourmet Asian Buffet', not sure if it's a national franchise or not.
     
     
  #562  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 7:01 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
I'm looking at the Harvard construction cam and the center is already poured with concrete, if I see correctly.

I wasn't expecting this thing to start rising until March. Could we start seeing it next week?
It is just gravel, but they have built forms and are laying down rebar. They started using the crane yesterday. They have a big cement bucket on site. I expect they will begin pouring the centre elevator shaft base monday.

     
     
  #563  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 8:33 PM
UPP UPP is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Does anyone know anything about the restaurant space in the Wingate? I was driving by last night and noticed a sign on the north side of the building that said Opening Soon, but that was about all I could make out (it was blowing in the wind and kinda dark). It looked like maybe it said Dynasty or something...

PS All this fighting about populations, of all things, is annoying. Instead of arguing over posts that are barely coherent to begin with, just ignore them and I think everyone will be happier.
Too funny, I always drive around and try to see what's on the billboards for what's moving into certain new developments.

On that idea... perhaps it was posted much earlier but, does anyone know what is going into the building right beside Chili's on the east end? I thought at first it might be a restaurant but now it looks like an office or something. Any insights?
     
     
  #564  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 8:48 PM
Golks Golks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPP View Post
Too funny, I always drive around and try to see what's on the billboards for what's moving into certain new developments.

On that idea... perhaps it was posted much earlier but, does anyone know what is going into the building right beside Chili's on the east end? I thought at first it might be a restaurant but now it looks like an office or something. Any insights?
FCC Branch Office
     
     
  #565  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 10:46 PM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 970
Ricki's and Olsen Europe are moving into the Cornwall Centre. I'm guessing they'll take over the Stitches and Esprit locations since they're the largest two I can think of.
     
     
  #566  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 10:48 PM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is online now
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,533
Did Esprit close?
     
     
  #567  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 10:56 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Ricki's and Olsen Europe are moving into the Cornwall Centre. I'm guessing they'll take over the Stitches and Esprit locations since they're the largest two I can think of.
I think Olson Europe will be in the Bay.
     
     
  #568  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 10:58 PM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Did Esprit close?
They didn't renew their lease. I heard that the rent went up and they decided to leave. I get the feeling they are trying to push some of the lower end retailers out of the mall (Stitches, for example). — about Esprit, though. If that is their strategy, I hope it works rather than pushing out too many stores. Or the "wrong" stores.
     
     
  #569  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 11:03 PM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I think Olson Europe will be in the Bay.
Where? They should do something useful with the third floor of that building...

I don't know that it would necessarily fit with their business model, but I'd love to see a Hillberg and Berk flagship store somewhere downtown.
     
     
  #570  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 11:09 PM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is online now
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
They didn't renew their lease. I heard that the rent went up and they decided to leave. I get the feeling they are trying to push some of the lower end retailers out of the mall (Stitches, for example). — about Esprit, though. If that is their strategy, I hope it works rather than pushing out too many stores. Or the "wrong" stores.
Sounds like that's also occurring at the Midtown in Saskatoon.

Shame about Esprit. Stitches is no big loss, however. How many times is it now that they've come and gone?
     
     
  #571  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 11:17 PM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Sounds like that's also occurring at the Midtown in Saskatoon.

Shame about Esprit. Stitches is no big loss, however. How many times is it now that they've come and gone?
I feel like this is their 3rd location in the mall since I was in grade 9 or 10? So 3 times in the past 10 years or so? It seems like their clothes get cheaper and cheaper every time they come back (and I don't mean the prices!)
     
     
  #572  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2011, 3:50 AM
Regina Boi Regina Boi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Where? They should do something useful with the third floor of that building...

I don't know that it would necessarily fit with their business model, but I'd love to see a Hillberg and Berk flagship store somewhere downtown.
StarTek still has the lease on that space, and don't officially give it up until the end of 2011. It's costing them $85,000 per month.
     
     
  #573  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2011, 7:33 AM
Chaps Chaps is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I think Olson Europe will be in the Bay.
No it's in the main mall area.
     
     
  #574  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2011, 5:53 PM
Xelebes's Avatar
Xelebes Xelebes is offline
Sawmill Billowtoker
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rockin' in Edmonton
Posts: 14,027
Remember to post only an excerpt of the article. Re-post the article by following the article posting guidelines detailed in the announcement above.
     
     
  #575  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2011, 8:12 PM
thefourthtower thefourthtower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rueannatta
Posts: 2,597
1

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM.
     
     
  #576  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2011, 12:17 AM
jigglysquishy's Avatar
jigglysquishy jigglysquishy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,326
Mosaic Potash Tower is up on Google Earth and a downloaded version of Capital Point is up too.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=9285450a44e2d0d4bad2f3cc152930a1&prevstart=0

I just wish that someone would make the other buildings in our downtown so we have a "fuller" look on Google Earth.
     
     
  #577  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2011, 7:36 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,391
This company looks exciting, not sure however about the actual quality of their products, but definitely great to get a new clothing brand in Regina.



http://www.olsenfashion.com/ca/en/
     
     
  #578  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2011, 7:40 PM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 970
Well, they're a little pricey, so I'm hoping the quality is good! They've also been around for many years according to their history, so they must be pretty decent. I do like the looks of their clothing.
     
     
  #579  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2011, 3:54 PM
curo curo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
This company looks exciting, not sure however about the actual quality of their products, but definitely great to get a new clothing brand in Regina.



http://www.olsenfashion.com/ca/en/
I went shopping at Cornwall on the weekend. I gotta say for our flagship mall it is pretty bad - pathetic actually. Has anybody shopped in Alberta? Sorry to say but their malls kill ours. Not sure why this is because don't a handful of companies own all the malls accross canada? I really hope we start getting some new stores.
     
     
  #580  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2011, 4:13 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by curo View Post
I went shopping at Cornwall on the weekend. I gotta say for our flagship mall it is pretty bad - pathetic actually. Has anybody shopped in Alberta? Sorry to say but their malls kill ours. Not sure why this is because don't a handful of companies own all the malls accross canada? I really hope we start getting some new stores.

I think the historical reasons for this are pretty simple:

Triple the population.
Income per person 25% higher.
Better business climate.

The good news is that all of these things are now trending in outr favor.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:08 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.