HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2011, 6:10 AM
Trae's Avatar
Trae Trae is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles and Houston
Posts: 4,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU Arch View Post
This extension of Woodall Rodgers is part of the reliever route of not only the downtown interchange but for when they start on the restructuring of the downtown freeways. This gives someone driving on Woodall an alternate route to get to 30 (instead of having to loop around onto 35 and jump over 5 lanes to get on I-30 west bound). As is it is now, you can take the Commerce bridge from downtown over to Sylvan and hop on I-30 there while by-passing all the interchange mess. The I-30 bridge and approach ramps will be a much larger project and will interupt traffic much more than the Woodall extension. Starting with the extension first allowed them to essentially build the extension with very little interruptions to traffic.
You can take the Commerce or Continental bridges, or use Riverfront BLVD. I use any one of these routes when I-30 and I-35E get backed up. The plans for West Dallas are nice (not sure on the timetable though), but I still think the bridges for I-30 or I-35E should have been built first. They feel like they're about to fall apart.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:09 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.