HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #581  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2011, 12:41 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
We did a lot of catchup in the office Tower department over the last 3 years or so. Maybe 3 more office towers in the next 5 years is reasonable, if we exclude 18 York which is under construction.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #582  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 3:46 AM
steveve's Avatar
steveve steveve is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,798
AMAZING LINK POSTED BY CALTRANE!
WOW! seems crazy. the visions of Yonge/Egg, NYCC, and everywhere else seem a bit too good to be true. only time will tell.

JEEZ! THIS IS AWESOME!. but you gotta wonder where the other cities will be in 50 years
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #583  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 5:01 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
steveve you're lucky, that you might still be alive 50 years from now.

I'll be close to 90 and maybe wacked out with Alzheimer's

70% chance I'll be dead, although my grandmother is 100 this year, and my dad is 70 and still looks like he is in his 40's.

hahaha.... well maybe I will be around after all.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #584  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 5:19 AM
Cambridgite
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
steveve you're lucky, that you might still be alive 50 years from now.

I'll be close to 90 and maybe wacked out with Alzheimer's
Wow. I would've never guessed you were almost 40.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #585  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 5:36 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
yeah, I'm still a kid at heart. I still look young too, so if you met me you would never guess I'm that old. I look like I'm in my mid to late 20's. When you hear my voice you know I'm no kid.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #586  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 12:47 AM
steveve's Avatar
steveve steveve is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,798
i hope we'll all be alive in 2061! (never know... medicine should be better in the future and possibly make us live longer! ).

funny. after taking an infinite amount of screenshots and watching the video again, i noticed. did any of you see a SUPERTALL IN 2061???

I didn't. (but i sorta saw some weird skinny structure near the CBD in/around the sapphire site.)

but this doesn't mean anything. the people who did these renders just do rough outlines of fictional buildings. developers haven't released any of those projects yet! stay hopeful friends!

i just wanna see a supertall before 2061
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #587  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 12:01 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
Most recent update by elliot from SSC/UT:

I just noticed this rendering is used in Tent City, part of the Futurestates shortfilm web series about the potential future of life in America. It is worth watching the whole thing, but if you skip to 3:59 you'll see Maldive's rendering. I wonder if he is even aware of this.
http://www.futurestates.tv/episodes/tent-city
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #588  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 10:33 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Still it doesn't look dense enough. Though Futuristic YES!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #589  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 4:53 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204

davidnieves68h

the future is now!! - This only looks like a future rendering of Toronto.


Rasekh

Last edited by caltrane74; Jan 8, 2011 at 5:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #590  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 12:53 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
I farking hate HDR!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #591  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 2:24 PM
The_Architect's Avatar
The_Architect The_Architect is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
I farking hate HDR!
Why? I think it's a really cool effect, if not slightly overused..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #592  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 7:24 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
the first picture is a little overboard, but the second is ok.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #593  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 9:07 PM
steveve's Avatar
steveve steveve is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,798
i still don't know how to do that effect ^^^ is it in photoshop?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #594  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 10:12 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
I think it may be a combination of the camera DSLR and photo editing software. Not 100% certain as I do not have that style of camera.

Will have to make the investment down the line. These things are hot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #595  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 11:24 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Future Renders:



Maldive got the Ritz almost perfect in this render from 4 years ago.

He didn't include Southcore Financial Centre or ICE as they had not been proposed at the time of his render. He did however include Trump, Tiff, and Signature. He did however include the rumored Manulife Tower. Obviously there are alot of towers that have been built that we don't even see in this render, namely the entire pinnacle centre and MLS Complex.


Southcore Financial Centre skyline - SANS DELTA hotel and "The Bremner Tower"


Last edited by caltrane74; Jan 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #596  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 11:35 AM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
I agree. HDR 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 as few people know how to use it. You're not using it right if it looks like HDR photo from a mile away.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #597  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 8:43 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Is the HDR process done in the camera itself or is it done after the fact in the photo editing software?

Just curious, as I dont have these larger new style cameras.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #598  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 10:50 PM
The_Architect's Avatar
The_Architect The_Architect is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,385
The maldive render also shows the previous taller version of Trump.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #599  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 11:09 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
Why? I think it's a really cool effect, if not slightly overused..
I don't know it just doesn't do anything for me.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #600  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 3:07 AM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,751
It's true that if HDR is used right, it can look OK, but overall it's a cheap way to get the effect of 'perfect light'. I'm a bit of a light freak, and do a lot of my shooting in the early morning or early evening to get the light balanced. I can't tell you how many times people ask me how many shots did I take and blend together to get the HDR shot. People believe that if the shot looks really well lit, it must be HDR now. Ugh!

Anyway, Toronto always looks good from the CN Tower. HDR or not.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.