Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Henry_Man
Then I can't really see why the combo option is any better or a compromise between the pure Skytrain or pure streetcar options. Broadway west of Arbutus is still relative narrow with too many intersections and side streets, destroying service reliability, especially between Blenheim and MacDonald. With the M-Line terminus now at Arbutus, it'll just create another commuter bottleneck for commuter transfers just because of changing transit modes. How will you manage turns from W.Broadway, to Alma, and then to W.10th Ave, without disrupting reliability, service and speed? Also, how will you manage the steep grades just west of Alma on W.10th? As I said before, no one wants to transfer twice to UBC, especially the ones coming in from the E-Line at Commercial-Broadway. Streetcars must not be any part of the UBC rapid transit line, period.
|
I know that there are a lot of students and staff taking the B-Line to work at UBC, but one has to realize that the main ridership occurs within the Broadway Business District and the alternative option does serve this pretty well. Few people from the E-Line will transfer at Commercial to get onto the UBC LRT, most should take it from Main Street, and I don't think time savings would be too significant whatever method you choose because the UBC LRT has its own separated ROW from Arubtus onwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Henry_Man
I guess we'll just have to create a new thread on it.
|
Let me try a few different methods first.