Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket252
The 757 is a powerful plane with huge climb. I flew the Skyservice 757 to Cancun and it seem effortless for the aircraft when we took off. There are a couple of U tube videos where it goes almost vertical like a jet fighter.
As far as DC9s I remember flying an Aircanada DC9 to Vancouver about 20 years ago. Coming back we must of dropped a few feet while landing.
|
the 757 is an amazing plane for its role and purpose. Overpowered, easy to fly, but has this nasty little wake that can upset others on approach.
Ian and all, I don't get the angst on the 727 and the 9. It is a little unfounded. Sure, the 9 didn't trim well, but for its role, was a workhorse of many fleets. The 727 is only second to the 737 in its success, and it was only usurped with its fuel consumption as operators wanted twins v tri jets. The 727 is probably my favorite airplane from Boeing. It's design just screams fast, and with its leading edge flaps, it had amazing performance. Given the $$$, I would take an old 72 over a BBJ!