Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitydude
great pics Bulliver! i noticed you had pics of our infamous Icon towers. so what's your official take on them? 
|
Thanks man! I think I am a lot more moderate that some folks here. I think they look quite nice actually from Jasper/104 looking towards Sobey's et al. From the NW however, the finish does leave a lot to be desired. The plain white stucco or whatever it is seems better suited for a 4-5 level apartment in the 'burbs.
I would never go as far as to call them 'monsterous' or a few other choice adjectives I've seen. I try and think positive, and focus on the vitality they will bring (and are bringing) to downtown. I also hope that there may be some more tall towers that will block the view of them from the NW in the future
So in summary..if it was up to me they would be a lot nicer, but they are what they are so let's get on with it....
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by cdnklc
taken from the 15th or 16th floor of sutton place?
|
Ha ha! Nope, that's from my 'secret' spot. Top of the parkade just north of City Centre West beside the YMCA. It is 11 levels high, and affords a great vantage point for birds-eye construction updates of Epcor, the AGA, and Telus Toll.