HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2121  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 5:00 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
I'll probably have "Sweet Transvestite" in my head all day now.

My 7th grade students thank you in advance.
Did they not already know?
__________________
Instagram | Twitter

www.UtahProjects.info
     
     
  #2122  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 5:01 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by CofIKid View Post
GreenBro's comments were removed before you all saw them, but they were inappropriate, and he should have been suspended for saying them
From a few days ago, or just recently? Because he's suspended right now (you can see his posts, but it says suspended under his name this time).
__________________
Instagram | Twitter

www.UtahProjects.info
     
     
  #2123  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 2:48 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,736
Little America Hotel completes addition

Deseret News,
The Little America Hotel, 500 S. Main, has announced the completion of an addition to its meeting space after six months of construction.

The project included the addition of three meeting rooms totaling 4,081 square feet. The property's event space now totals 25,613 square feet. The existing 13 meeting rooms, including the grand ballroom, were remodeled.

.
     
     
  #2124  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 3:51 PM
utahboozer's Avatar
utahboozer utahboozer is offline
Lurking in a wigwam
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 79
More news and pics, less gossip and in-fighting, plz


__________________
Loves me some Jazz.
     
     
  #2125  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 5:47 PM
UTPlanner's Avatar
UTPlanner UTPlanner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 941
I know this is a bit late in coming but I would love to see an MLB franchise in SLC. It would be one of the smallest MLB markets, if not the smallest, though not far off of cities like Milwaukee at 1.748 million and SLC listed at 1.717 million. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_Combined_Statistical_Areas)

Though I don't like to be too negative-- I don't know how anybody could ever want a Waffle House in Utah. I think it's one of the worst things to happen to breakfast food. If you thought Dennys, IHOP, or Dees was bad, give Waffle House a try. I lived in Alabama for a while and they're everywhere.

I was also going to mention that Ruths Chris is back on an agenda for an administrative hearing. I will paste what the agenda says below:

7. PLNPCM2009-01160, Ruths Chris Steak House Conditional Use a request by West Broadway Investors, LLC for a conditional use relating to minimum building height and minimum first floor glass requirements in the D-1 zoning district. The addition would be for a kitchen as part of converting the use of the building from a bank to a restaurant and offices. The subject site is located at approximately 80 West 300 South. The subject property is located in Council District 4, represented by Luke Garrott. (Staff contact: Casey Stewart at 801-535-6260 or [email protected]).

Last edited by UTPlanner; Nov 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM.
     
     
  #2126  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 6:02 PM
shakman's Avatar
shakman shakman is offline
Chairman
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: PRMD - People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 2,688
(edit)
__________________
"I measure the value of life not by how much I have, instead by what I have done.

-sb
     
     
  #2127  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 7:11 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post

I was also going to mention that Ruths Chris is back on an agenda for an administrative hearing. I will paste what the agenda says below:

7. PLNPCM2009-01160, Ruths Chris Steak House Conditional Use a request by West Broadway Investors, LLC for a conditional use relating to minimum building height and minimum first floor glass requirements in the D-1 zoning district. The addition would be for a kitchen as part of converting the use of the building from a bank to a restaurant and offices. The subject site is located at approximately 80 West 300 South. The subject property is located in Council District 4, represented by Luke Garrott. (Staff contact: Casey Stewart at 801-535-6260 or [email protected]).
This is fantastic news!!! That is, if they are developing on this corner or converting this old run down building:


But, maybe they are talking about this building, which is not as significant of a development as the other corner:

Last edited by Orlando; Nov 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM.
     
     
  #2128  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 7:50 PM
Zionide's Avatar
Zionide Zionide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
This is fantastic news!!! That is, if they are developing on this corner or converting this old run down building:


But, maybe they are talking about this building, which is not as significant of a development as the other corner:
It's gotta be the Chase bank building, since the request mentions converting the building from a bank to a restaurant.
     
     
  #2129  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 8:33 PM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,281
I know for a fact that Ruth's Chris is going into the Chase Bank Building.
     
     
  #2130  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 8:38 PM
Wasatch_One's Avatar
Wasatch_One Wasatch_One is offline
Wen Lambo
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,326


Is this the building Chase moved out of when they bolted to the One Utah?
     
     
  #2131  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 8:59 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
We had talked about some brownstones in or very near downtown, this is an idea I posted a long time ago for my concept development, with several different layouts. "Brownstones at Library Square" This was well before the new public safety building location had even been mentioned, so these would have to obviously be altered, but I think you could still accomplish this on this same half block, altering the layout in relationship to the new facility. The black line represent the alleys for vehicle access, and the green line represents a pedestrian connector.












I'll work on some new layouts in conjunction with the public safety building.
     
     
  #2132  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 9:13 PM
East2Westback East2Westback is offline
NYC Rick
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tappan, New York
Posts: 162
78th Street between Central Park West and Madison...surprise me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
We had talked about some brownstones in or very near downtown, this is an idea I posted a long time ago for my concept development, with several different layouts. "Brownstones at Library Square" This was well before the new public safety building location had even been mentioned, so these would have to obviously be altered, but I think you could still accomplish this on this same half block, altering the layout in relationship to the new facility. The black line represent the alleys for vehicle access, and the green line represents a pedestrian connector.









[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com
/2329/2200096354_a0ed343245_o.jpg[/IMG]

I'll work on some new layouts in conjunction with the public safety building.
surprise me and tell me that it is in SLC!
     
     
  #2133  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 9:17 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by East2Westback View Post
surprise me and tell me that it is in SLC!
I wish I could. That is simply an image from the internet of brownstones that I would like to see in SLC.
     
     
  #2134  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 10:38 PM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
The idea alone excites me Future Mayor. I'm not 100% sure about the location due to it being in sort of a 'city block' type area where, as has already happened, future expansion of government offices will occur. I like the layout though and how it could utilize a big part of the block.
__________________
Instagram | Twitter

www.UtahProjects.info
     
     
  #2135  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 2:05 AM
MetroFanatic MetroFanatic is offline
Closed account
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 298





Oh Mr. Holding... the many things we could do on that block of parking lots.
     
     
  #2136  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 1:07 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,736
^^^
Ditto to that Metro, and much luck and success to Future Mayors ambitions for the Brownstones.
     
     
  #2137  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 6:49 PM
urbanboy urbanboy is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Downtown Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,120
Here was my idea from back when we were discussing brownstones:

     
     
  #2138  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 6:59 PM
East2Westback East2Westback is offline
NYC Rick
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tappan, New York
Posts: 162
What is the big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerjet View Post
Orlando, maybe he'll private message you about it...

I stuck up for GreenBro when everyone else started doubting him and now he gives us this...

GreenBro you are dead to me unless you give up the goods! If there is no good news, FESS up and maybe we'll forgive you (it is kinda funny). Just please stop toying with our emotions.
Any person on a message board designed for proliferating information regarding a cities growth and architecture should not be playing games.

He turned it into a power game...or more...a personal game. Who cares if he tells it or not. If it is real, everyone will find out.

If it is pure BS...then who cares. This guy is a child!

By the way, I thought he was going back to Portland. Maybe he can play his games there.
     
     
  #2139  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 7:03 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
I've heard from him, and he was silenced, and then suspended. There was a whole lot of confusion, and people got overly impatient b/c he didn't respond within a day.
     
     
  #2140  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 7:07 PM
MetroFanatic MetroFanatic is offline
Closed account
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
Here was my idea from back when we were discussing brownstones:

Hmmm... feels a little loose to me. You gotta just pack 'em brownstones in there!

Here is a photo a friend took from the Prudential Skywalk Observatory in Boston that's got a significant amount of rowhomes seen from above. A lot of the times, there are businesses in the basement of the buildings. Also, I realize that Boston is not Salt Lake:




Quote:
Originally Posted by East2Westback
Any person on a message board designed for proliferating information regarding a cities growth and architecture should not be playing games.

He turned it into a power game...or more...a personal game. Who cares if he tells it or not. If it is real, everyone will find out.

If it is pure BS...then who cares. This guy is a child!

By the way, I thought he was going back to Portland. Maybe he can play his games there.
I'm almost convinced it was all an elaborate over-the-top plan he conceived so he could leave the forum in a big way. One day he was like, "Hey I'm GreenBro." and the next he was like "Argh, *racist comments* I hate you all!"
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:04 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.