
Here is my original quote;
Quote:
|
Scott Road's MASSIVE park and ride would have a lot smaller footprint if it were built as a parking structure. Think of it this way, if one were to build a 10 level structure with 200 lots per floor it would use up only 1/10 the land area, or one could have 20,000 spots in the same footprint today.
|
If you read it more carefully, I first say that we could fit the entire 2000 spots on roughly 1/10th the land if it were built as a 10 level structure.
The second aspect, where I say the 20 000 spots, was not meant to be taken as a serious proposal, but more as a comparison of how many more spaces the same current amount of land can hold.
and this was in reply to earlier comments.
I actually think its hilarious you even took the idea of building a 20 000 space park and ride as a serious proposal
The first aspect (reducing Scott Roads park and ride's foot pint by re-placing it with a 2000 space structure) I was serious, but not the second part, as I just said, it was for mere comparison.
Portland has park and rides at many of its stations, as does the WCE for a local example (although these are all just surface parking because of the cheeper land), and when living in Japan I used parkades often near JR lines.
Currently the WCE park and ride I use charges 2.00 for the day, but I am sure there are many out there who would pay up to 5 dollars for the day (which is still far cheeper than any rate you will find downtown) to avoid traffic, reduce gas consumption and reduce wear and tear on ones vehicle.
And as for assuming you are one of the "no to everything cars" people, I am sorry, for I thought you were a different member that has been here for a long time, but i just checked your profile to see that you just joined this month, haha. So welcome to the thread!