Quote:
Originally Posted by deasine
|
That's actually good to see. I would like to see more official and professional photos of our transit system up on the website.
Whenever I'm travelling, or even curious, I check out other authorities websites, and I'm always disappointed they never have any pictures of their system. There are hardly any pictures to speak of on the TTC or STM websites.
The website should be considered a marketing tool. If you go to any other website, you can see pictures of the products. Pictures of how clean and attractive our system is would help sell it to tourists and locals as a safe and easy way to travel.
Translink should have an official wiki, with all kinds of stats and history. Basically take all the information they have, like timetables for bus routes and put it in wiki format instead of PDF. It would be neat if you could click a station, and it would describe the service and history (like date opened, architects, average traffic).
The TTC has an interesting series of pages where you can click on the stations to view information like connecting buses and first/last train and other facilities and points of interest. And the STM has a rather in depth and interesting history of transit in Montreal. We have a rather interesting transit history too, it would be nice to see it presented somewhere official.