HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1041  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2009, 1:18 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 26,251
I drove by yesterday and I really appreciate that the design ended up including this parkette - it helps to break up the canyon effect that plagues the Centretown office district. Hope we'll see more of this in future.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1042  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2009, 7:08 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
I drove by yesterday and I really appreciate that the design ended up including this parkette - it helps to break up the canyon effect that plagues the Centretown office district. Hope we'll see more of this in future.
Totally agree, that's why I like HP so much
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1043  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2009, 10:42 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333fun555 View Post
Looks like it is on schedule. The first ones moving in November probably have already dates for PDI. Any changes for your PDI or move in date???
The first few floors of Mondrian moved in over the last 3-4 weeks. They were delayed about a week due to lazy (or busy, not sure) elevator inspectors. Everyone's PDIs have moved 5-7 days back, but sources say that everyone above the 15th floor should be on schedule (if not lower floors too). I guess only time will tell and a 1 week delay isn't the end of the world.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1044  
Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 8:00 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is online now
Mooderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 21,446
Can I change Phase I to "completed" status?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1045  
Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 8:20 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Can I change Phase I to "completed" status?
You can change whatever you want as long as you post some pictures
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1046  
Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 8:22 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is online now
Mooderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 21,446
Soon - maybe next week.. kinda busy
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1047  
Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 10:58 PM
Zach6668's Avatar
Zach6668 Zach6668 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 213
HP looks great from the 417.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1048  
Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach6668 View Post
HP looks great from the 417.
I wish I could see it
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1049  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2009, 11:03 AM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
These buildings look awesome from everywhere they can be seen...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1050  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2009, 1:55 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
Concrete border around the "parkette"



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1051  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2009, 1:57 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor2Ott View Post
Thanks for the pic Rakerman. Is the concrete border knee-high? If so, it's a bit higher than the renderings. But we now know for sure that there will be light at some of the columns (from the electrical wires sticking out from the concrete).
Depends on how tall you are but yeah, roughly that height. It's definitely not a low border. More like half a metre.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1052  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2009, 2:18 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakerman View Post
Depends on how tall you are but yeah, roughly that height. It's definitely not a low border. More like half a metre.
lol...i guess so...it will actually be lower once the ground is paved with concrete or stones...

thanks for the pix, loving them! hey, is the film on the HP1 front entrance peeled off??? if so, pix please!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1053  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2009, 6:48 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor2Ott View Post
hey, is the film on the HP1 front entrance peeled off??? if so, pix please!
It's still silver. I don't see any signs of it turning green... (at least, the overhang above the doors, I don't know what parts are supposed to be green)

I do like the lamps they've done either side of the doors.

Last edited by rakerman; Sep 2, 2009 at 6:49 PM. Reason: clarified
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1054  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2009, 8:06 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
No I was referring to the white film there was on the doors and the 2 rectangles above the doors. Check out the first picture you took in Post #1008:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=140187&page=51

It appears to have peeled off, revealing the elegant reflective surface.

Last edited by Tor2Ott; Sep 2, 2009 at 8:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1055  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2009, 4:02 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor2Ott View Post
No I was referring to the white film there was on the doors and the 2 rectangles above the doors.
Ah ok, I'll check, I think you're right that it's gone. It's kind of awkward to take many photos now as there are people in the building, there were a bunch of people going in and out with dogs the other day and I don't want them to think I'm some kind of photo stalker or something.

In terms of the border concrete it's actually higher than I thought, I was looking at it yesterday and I would say maybe 75cm.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1056  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2009, 9:46 PM
nicegirl nicegirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 43
Someone from Charlesfort told us that they have completed units up to the 5th floor, they are currently working on the 6th. People are supposed to be moving in next month.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1057  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2009, 3:30 AM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicegirl View Post
Someone from Charlesfort told us that they have completed units up to the 5th floor, they are currently working on the 6th. People are supposed to be moving in next month.
Are they ahead of schedule? I thought the first people are moving in November???
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1058  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2009, 4:00 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor2Ott View Post
No I was referring to the white film there was on the doors and the 2 rectangles above the doors.

It appears to have peeled off, revealing the elegant reflective surface.
Yeah, it's kind of a wavy mirrored finish.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1059  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2009, 4:01 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Beautiful...can't wait to see it in person. Thanks.

By the way, I did not realize they allow pets in the building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1060  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2009, 5:34 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Anyone has any pix of the landscaping and HP II? It's been weeks; I am dying over here...Harls, rakerman, anybody??
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.