HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #181  
Old Posted May 10, 2009, 2:23 AM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
I've noticed a lot more activity at this site lately, now that they are pretty much at grade level and should be able to start building the forms for the bottom of the tower soon...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #182  
Old Posted May 10, 2009, 3:34 AM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 26,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
wow the interaction with the street is brutal other than the rideau side.
I wonder if the second tower will be as bad as the first at street level?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #183  
Old Posted May 21, 2009, 1:53 AM
Mille Sabords's Avatar
Mille Sabords Mille Sabords is offline
Elle est déjà vide!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Big Bad Ottawa
Posts: 2,083
And we're off the ground. First forms poking upward now clearly visible from Rideau Street (my pics):






Incidentally - a good buddy of mine took his 8-yr-old daughter for a play date with one of her friends to Phase 1. This little friend's parents have a 2 bedroom + den condo, and one child. Both kids enjoyed the pool and the outdoor terrace, and ran around all day on that terrace. Little missy then begged dad to stay for supper and all enjoyed the meal on the balcony with the whole city at their feet. All went to bed happy. Is that a bad way to raise children?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #184  
Old Posted May 23, 2009, 12:29 AM
waterloowarrior's Avatar
waterloowarrior waterloowarrior is offline
National Capital Region
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 9,255
Claridge Plaza I






Last edited by waterloowarrior; May 23, 2009 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #185  
Old Posted May 23, 2009, 2:36 AM
Beatrix Beatrix is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 132
I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know what else will be included in the podium? I suppose anything is better than a parking lot, but Rideau st is in desperate need of a mini face-lift and this is an excellent opportunity. Hopefully it doesn't go to waste with more low-grade retail.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #186  
Old Posted May 23, 2009, 3:08 AM
jchamoun79 jchamoun79 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know what else will be included in the podium? I suppose anything is better than a parking lot, but Rideau st is in desperate need of a mini face-lift and this is an excellent opportunity. Hopefully it doesn't go to waste with more low-grade retail.
Apparently a Starbucks will be opening where the sales centre currently is. That's what I was told, anyway, when I bought my unit.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #187  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 6:01 PM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
I saw last week that they have a good portion of the podium built now...only a matter of time until the tower starts going skywards...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #188  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2009, 4:52 PM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
Looks like as of today, they are on the 3rd floor of the tower, and putting up the forms for the 4th.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #189  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2009, 1:12 PM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
This tower is going to go up really fast...I can see them being upto the 6th or 7th floor by the end of the weekend, and before the end of the month, our view of Gatineau is going to be blocked that much more...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #190  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 5:44 PM
Rokko Rokko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 17
Does anyone know the estimated completion date for tower two? I was told end of 2010, but it seems like it's going up really quickly now..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #191  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 5:03 PM
Skyway Skyway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokko View Post
Does anyone know the estimated completion date for tower two? I was told end of 2010, but it seems like it's going up really quickly now..
It took almost a year to finish after the 25th floor in Phase-I was laid. It takes about one week per floor now, so about 20 more weeks.

So the end of 2010 to finish still seems about right.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #192  
Old Posted Jul 11, 2009, 4:19 PM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
I will try to get pics next week of the current progress (which I think is on the 6th or 7th floor now).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #193  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2009, 4:58 PM
sky.high sky.high is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 30
I am not sure what the proper way of posting this information is, but here it is...

A guy at the Claridge Plaza sales office told me that they bought National Bank and a few other buildings around that area, in order to build phase III and IV.
I saw the design, and I must say, it is a really 🞵🞵🞵🞵 building!!! Similar to the previous two phases, just taller buildings and skinnier. A lot of 1 bedroom and 1+den condos

Hopefully the sales will start this September, but it won't be finished until 2014! From what I saw, definitely worth the wait!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #194  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2009, 5:16 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky.high View Post
I am not sure what the proper way of posting this information is, but here it is...

A guy at the Claridge Plaza sales office told me that they bought National Bank and a few other buildings around that area, in order to build phase III and IV.
I saw the design, and I must say, it is a really 🞵🞵🞵🞵 building!!! Similar to the previous two phases, just taller buildings and skinnier. A lot of 1 bedroom and 1+den condos

Hopefully the sales will start this September, but it won't be finished until 2014! From what I saw, definitely worth the wait!
🞵🞵🞵🞵? By Claridge? In Ottawa? Don't get our hopes up! If it looks anything like Phases I and II, I wouldn't consider it 🞵🞵🞵🞵.

Lots of 1B and 1+1 is not a good thing either. Chances are they will turn into rental buildings.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #195  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2009, 5:33 PM
sky.high sky.high is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 30
To be honest with you, I am not a big fan of Claridge. The first two phases look OK from the outside, but I don't like their floorplans... I did not see the floorplans in the III and IV, but I can only imagine they will be similar to the first two! Let's hope they change up the design a lil bit
From what I saw on the picture, (the outside of the building) it looked kinda cool! I guess because they are so skinny (narrow) and TALL haha
The new phases will also have Gotham units (the big round window ones), penthouses on last 4 floors with a big terrace! I guess they made more 1 bed + den because they sold the fastest in the previous two phases... From what I can remember, I believe he said 4-6 units per floor?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #196  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2009, 10:05 PM
rocketphish's Avatar
rocketphish rocketphish is offline
Planet Ottawa and beyond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greater Ottawa
Posts: 14,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky.high View Post
I am not sure what the proper way of posting this information is, but here it is...

A guy at the Claridge Plaza sales office told me that they bought National Bank and a few other buildings around that area, in order to build phase III and IV.
I saw the design, and I must say, it is a really 🞵🞵🞵🞵 building!!! Similar to the previous two phases, just taller buildings and skinnier. A lot of 1 bedroom and 1+den condos

Hopefully the sales will start this September, but it won't be finished until 2014! From what I saw, definitely worth the wait!

I believe that this is the rendering for the next phases of Claridge Plaza. Sky.high, can you confirm this?


(credit: DCYSA Architects)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #197  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 1:37 AM
Kitchissippi's Avatar
Kitchissippi Kitchissippi is offline
Busy Beaver
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,698
The 4 storey high trees in that render is asking a bit much from nature. I think another pair of similar twin towers next door would make the Rideau Street skyline look tacky. I can't fathom owning one of those curved panoramic windows, only to look at somebody else's on the next corner
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #198  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 3:08 AM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,650
Is there going to be more phases of Claridge Plaza? I think these are likely just original renderings of what towers 1 and 2 should have looked like, but instead we got what's currently standing at Cumberland and Besserer. I don't completely hate these buildings, but I don't like how they are styled like taller towers despite being stubby. They should have accepted their stubiness and designed the towers accordingly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #199  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 4:27 PM
sky.high sky.high is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketphish View Post
I believe that this is the rendering for the next phases of Claridge Plaza. Sky.high, can you confirm this?


(credit: DCYSA Architects)
Yes, that's the one... Although in the picture that I have seen they looked taller than that... Maybe they added more floors?
I'm pretty sure the first two phases were supposed to look like that, but then they changed their minds...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #200  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 4:33 PM
sky.high sky.high is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
I think these are likely just original renderings of what towers 1 and 2 should have looked like...
The plan was to build the other buildings (tall skinny ones), but IMO they got greedy and went with the bulkier and shorter building instead... Now they are even more greedy and actually want to build the one that was supposed to be built in the first place. The guy actually confirmed that they will be built.
My only concern is the view. Isn't it going to be blocked by east market building???
It might not be the prettiest building but then again, it's better than what they have there now...
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.