HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3141  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2008, 7:11 AM
Fabb's Avatar
Fabb Fabb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Paris
Posts: 9,019
Nice find !
I like the late afternoon sun exposure.
     
     
  #3142  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2008, 12:28 PM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperPower View Post


Sweet shot on Flickr.com I dug up.
11 TS may not be the biggest or tallest in the area, but it will be eye-catching. The spire on the Bofa is looking great.
__________________
NEW YORK is Back!

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
     
     
  #3143  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2008, 3:25 PM
lakegz's Avatar
lakegz lakegz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Beijing
Posts: 7,713
BOA totally resembles a Narwhal
     
     
  #3144  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2008, 8:45 PM
NYC2ATX's Avatar
NYC2ATX NYC2ATX is offline
Everywhere all at once
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SI NYC
Posts: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegz View Post
BOA totally resembles a Narwhal
ooooh snap. I gotta watch Elf now.

..'tis the season!
__________________
BUILD IT. BUILD EVERYTHING. BUILD IT ALL.
     
     
  #3145  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2008, 9:26 PM
Wheelingman04's Avatar
Wheelingman04 Wheelingman04 is offline
Pittsburgh rocks!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Salem, OH (near Youngstown)
Posts: 8,800
I love this tower. Great addition to the skyline.
__________________
1 hour from Pittsburgh and 1 hour from Cleveland
Go Ohio State!!
Ohio Proud!
     
     
  #3146  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2008, 1:09 AM
lakegz's Avatar
lakegz lakegz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Beijing
Posts: 7,713
I walked by it last night from across Bryant park on 5th and its presence is unmistakable. It's much better than Pronto Pizza.
     
     
  #3147  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2008, 6:04 AM
TANGELD_SLC's Avatar
TANGELD_SLC TANGELD_SLC is offline
The World Is Welcome Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 883
Those Pics give me eyegasms. I simply MUST visit Gotham!
__________________
Espavo!

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian
     
     
  #3148  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2008, 11:36 AM
NYC4Life's Avatar
NYC4Life NYC4Life is offline
The Time To Build Is Now
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bronx, NYC
Posts: 3,004
Amazing how the skyline has become so much denser in just the last few years.
__________________
"I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps"
     
     
  #3149  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2008, 7:16 PM
JayPro JayPro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Huntington, Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,047
Indeed. Just Think:

A scant 20 years ago or thereabouts, the *four* dominant buildings in that shot would be (L-R) 1515 Broadway (1 Astor Plaza), the W.R. Grace Building just barely visible behind BofA, Verizon/NYNEX pre-reclad and ESB.
     
     
  #3150  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2008, 9:27 PM
GraniteStoneNY GraniteStoneNY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 17
the new BofA building is going to be awesome due to the fact that it is going to be so environmentally friendly..however, I have to mention that that construction site was so unfriendly to passers by. I have heard from multiple people that there were things falling off the building throughout the project...whoever was running the project was not doing a great job on the safety aspect to protect pedestrians below.
     
     
  #3151  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2008, 8:16 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStoneNY View Post
the new BofA building is going to be awesome due to the fact that it is going to be so environmentally friendly..however, I have to mention that that construction site was so unfriendly to passers by. I have heard from multiple people that there were things falling off the building throughout the project...whoever was running the project was not doing a great job on the safety aspect to protect pedestrians below.
The construction problems there have been well documented in this thread, but I have to say, as many times as I have walked near and around this project, I was lucky enough to never experience any of that - and was never in any fear that I would.
__________________
NEW YORK is Back!

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
     
     
  #3152  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2008, 6:52 PM
NYC4Life's Avatar
NYC4Life NYC4Life is offline
The Time To Build Is Now
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bronx, NYC
Posts: 3,004
And despite all that have come crashing down from the tower, amazingly no pedestrian have been killed.
__________________
"I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps"
     
     
  #3153  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2008, 4:34 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,194
From earlier today...




__________________
NEW YORK is Back!

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
     
     
  #3154  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2008, 6:53 AM
NYC2ATX's Avatar
NYC2ATX NYC2ATX is offline
Everywhere all at once
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SI NYC
Posts: 2,460
omg is that MetLife sign on 1095 new? This is the first I'm seeing it, or maybe I'm just oblivious...i dunno. I'm guessing that means MetLife is a major tenant?
__________________
BUILD IT. BUILD EVERYTHING. BUILD IT ALL.
     
     
  #3155  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2008, 1:47 PM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
omg is that MetLife sign on 1095 new? This is the first I'm seeing it, or maybe I'm just oblivious...i dunno. I'm guessing that means MetLife is a major tenant?
I only noticed it walking up 6th Ave yesterday. I thought MetLife had backed out, but apparently not.

You know, we can never have too many MetLife buildings...

__________________
NEW YORK is Back!

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
     
     
  #3156  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2008, 2:15 PM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,194
Quote from the Times regarding that:

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/10/nyregion/10office.html?ref=business



Metropolitan Life Insurance, whose name is now in block letters over the tower’s front doors, quietly began shopping for tenants to sublease 100,000 square feet of its space in the building, a quarter of what it signed up for in 2006.

The problems at 1095 Avenue of the Americas are not hurting Blackstone so far. The combined unused space of Centerline, MetLife and iStar accounts for roughly one-third of the 1.06 million square feet owned by Blackstone in the building, and the three companies are obligated to pay full rent even if they are unable to sublease the space. Brokers say that Blackstone would require the companies to pay dearly to break their leases.

MetLife’s average effective rent, for floors in the middle and at the top, is about $100 a square foot, or $40 million a year, according to real estate executives familiar with the deal.

The insurance giant had moved most of its New York employees to Long Island City in 2002, where rents were as low as $30 a square foot. But in 2006, MetLife reversed course, signing a lease to move about 1,300 employees from Queens into the former Verizon building.

But this year, the company reassessed how many employees were actually in the office at any one time and determined that it needed only 9 of the 12 floors it had leased in the tower.

So early next year, MetLife plans to formally market three of its floors, said John Calagna, a spokesman for MetLife.
__________________
NEW YORK is Back!

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
     
     
  #3157  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2008, 12:41 AM
CoolCzech's Avatar
CoolCzech CoolCzech is offline
Frigidus Maximus
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,618
I have to say, that reclad turned out absolutely gorgeous!
__________________
http://tinyurl.com/2acxb5t


I ❤️ NY
     
     
  #3158  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2008, 12:41 AM
Dac150's Avatar
Dac150 Dac150 is offline
World Machine
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NY/CT
Posts: 6,734
That's crazy, I spent virtually all of my weekend in Midtown, primarily up and down 6th, and didn't notice the logo on the top. I did however notice it on the doors. Yeah, from what I hear MetLife is housing it's executives in this building from LIC. I was waiting for this, glad to see they finally put it in place.
__________________
"I'm going there, but I like it here wherever it is.."
     
     
  #3159  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2008, 3:47 PM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,194
__________________
NEW YORK is Back!

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
     
     
  #3160  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2008, 9:07 PM
Jibba's Avatar
Jibba Jibba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,992
Really love the glass on this one. The shape is, um, warming to me.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.