Quote:
Originally Posted by kirjtc2
Bah...East Point is tacky enough as it is.
I walked around Crystal Palace for the first time in about 15 years a few months ago....it didn't look like that place had changed a bit since then, and it's starting to look a little worn. It seemed to me that the owners (Cadillac-Fairview?) seemed indifferent to keeping it fresh. How often do they get new rides/attractions?
|
It looks like a good place to send the kids in Summer; I'll bet in winter it gets slow there though. Is it a tourist draw at all?
In SJ, some owners and management of Market Square were planning to convert that venue into an amusement park but the primary owner, Scotiabank held it back...this after kicking out 2nd floor tenants and such...
For now they have a week-long carnival at Harbour Station, but it'd still be nice to have something more permananet, especially in Summer.
As for Eastpoint, the only reason I mentioned that as a venue was because it seems they're the most willing to shovel out cash for big retail- maybe they could sell those big lights on ebay.
Anyway, not trying to take over the thread for SJ discussions. Crystal Palace is the primary reason I go to Moncton.