Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan
People are lazy. The largest catchment for this line would most likely be students. Putting the station not even "on-campus" for the largest probable group of people seems like a folly to me.
I don't disagree that it isn't that far a stretch. However, for someone who will eventually be over by 110st at the far westend of the Campus, they may continue to drive vs. take the train.
Its just a point I want to raise.
|
I kindof agree.
I'm not sure why MacEwan needs an LRT exactly, considering that Jasper is only 3 blocks away (although they're long blocks), and lots of students already use it. By putting the new station where it's shown, for a big chunk of the campus it's not much closer than Jasper is.
I've got another question though. 105st is one of the few streets downtown that's busy enough that you can't jay-walk across it (the only others are 109, 101, 97). I don't think I've ever actually driven on 105st north of 104ave, and I honestly have no idea where that traffic is going. Is an at-grade crossing there okay, or will it lead to traffic issues?