Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 044
Nice comments especially from someone with a YYC nickname lol. At the same time, isn't the age old argument of YYC being the prime Alberta hub throw your "YEG should court YYC" plan out the window? Isn't this what YEG has been doing and i imagine YYC trying to prevent so to speak? It hasn't worked out that great so far for YEG.
Kris i believe (correct me if i'm wrong) you're connected in some way with AC down there at YYC. What was the primary reason of AC starting the YEG-LHR run? Courting by YEG or simple supply and demand or both or protecting Canadian turf from BA, KL, etc? Just curious if you have any insights.
|
I think you mistook what I meant by YEG courting. I didn't mean YEG should court YYC. I'm saying YEG should court the airlines who have the best chance of making flights, especially overseas flights, in and out of YEG work. That would be AC as evident by the fact they are the only airline to fly YEG-LHR daily year round despite being so close to YYC.
Yes I'm connected to AC, used to be directly, but now indirectly. The main reason YEG-LHR was started because the demand justified YEG getting its own LHR flight. Part of it might have been BA, but then again AC hasn't reduced capacity on YYC-LHR so I doubt the presence of BA had much of an impact.
I'll tell you guys this though, when YEG-LHR first started it was a poor performer, but now the loads are high, but as far as yields go (which is what really counts) I'm not to sure.
If demand increases don't be surprised to see YEG-LHR go A330.