HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #421  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 11:53 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
I really like the Spire Construction animation, very nice job. Are you making one for th Four Seasons as well?
Yeah, I'm just waiting until we see more vertical movement before creating one.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #422  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2008, 2:25 AM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchCPC View Post
I like how you describe the future of the city at the beginning.
That's good to know. I wasn't sure if I was overdoing anything.
__________________
Automation Is Still the Future
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #423  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2008, 4:05 AM
DenverCrow's Avatar
DenverCrow DenverCrow is offline
Denverite Supreme
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
That's good to know. I wasn't sure if I was overdoing anything.
Nah, in fact it's quite poetic.
__________________
Join Kloud-Land: http://kloud-land.myminicity.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #424  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2008, 8:40 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Check this out:
http://www.inplaneview.com/index.cfm

They have some very good areal photos of Denver and the rest of front range. Anyone wanna take a look and suggest a picture for another future skyline shot?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #425  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2008, 9:44 PM
CoVol's Avatar
CoVol CoVol is offline
Still the one...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 629
In the past, we've used one similar to this shot. It gives the best angle to get to all the construction sites.

http://inplaneview.smugmug.com/gallery/4066807#236842285_quFFq-X3-LB

Great work on what you've done so far Dirt. Can't wait until it looks that way for real.
__________________
- Len
---------------------------------
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #426  
Old Posted Apr 2, 2008, 5:46 AM
FrancoRey's Avatar
FrancoRey FrancoRey is offline
Stay Thirsty.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,831
Looks good CoVol...very similar to the one from Denverinfill...

Get to it, 'Dirty Boy'!
__________________
Denver's getting infill like it's 1999...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #427  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 5:42 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Hey, Snyder, you should put the mystery tower at 999 17th Street on your first page. I'll do an update to the Spire construction animation as well.

I think it's time I make the 1800 Market diagram so I can put in the future skyline, too!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #428  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 5:49 AM
Top Of The Park's Avatar
Top Of The Park Top Of The Park is offline
no its not...
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoVol View Post
In the past, we've used one similar to this shot. It gives the best angle to get to all the construction sites.

http://inplaneview.smugmug.com/gallery/4066807#236842285_quFFq-X3-LB

Great work on what you've done so far Dirt. Can't wait until it looks that way for real.

I would love to see a photo for this view of downtown in a couple years...Wow!
__________________
I see idiots
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #429  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 1:07 PM
DownhomeDenver DownhomeDenver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,584
So the Renaissance Inn down at Arapahoe Rd is under construction.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #430  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 2:08 PM
glowrock's Avatar
glowrock glowrock is offline
Becoming Chicago-fied!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago (West Avondale)
Posts: 19,443
Yes, yes it is. I forgot to mention that the other day, even though I have a great view of the site out of several of my co-workers' windows!

Aaron (Glowrock)
__________________
"Deeply corrupt but still semi-functional - it's the Chicago way." -- Barrelfish
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #431  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 2:52 PM
soonermeteor's Avatar
soonermeteor soonermeteor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,563
Glad to hear its under construction now. This means there are 4 buildings going up currently at Arapahoe and another hotel and second tower for the Palazzo possibly to come. They've also got all that land on the other side of I-25 to develop!
__________________
From Colorado, studying meteorology at OU.

" There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right and not fear to do or say what you believe." - Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #432  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 3:45 PM
glowrock's Avatar
glowrock glowrock is offline
Becoming Chicago-fied!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago (West Avondale)
Posts: 19,443
Yes, the Arapahoe & I-25 area is currently, has been, and will continue to sprout up vertically at quite a rapid pace. The area will look totally different in the next 3-5 years!

Aaron (Glowrock)
__________________
"Deeply corrupt but still semi-functional - it's the Chicago way." -- Barrelfish
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #433  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 5:50 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
I just uploaded the new Spire construction animation. Check out page 1 of this thread (you may need to hit refresh to see it).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #434  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2008, 7:12 AM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
I've been out of town a lot the last 3-weeks and will be busy all next week. After that, I will get caught up on everything and put together a nice update. Please feel free to post anything which might be worth including in the next update.
__________________
Automation Is Still the Future
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #435  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 2:25 AM
rds70 rds70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhomeDenver View Post
So the Renaissance Inn down at Arapahoe Rd is under construction.

Here is a rendering that was printed in the Denver Business Journal in August '07. I'm not sure which version is being built. It shows 19-stories, rather than 15:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #436  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 6:51 AM
soonermeteor's Avatar
soonermeteor soonermeteor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,563
^ It would be awesome if we got the second version, but it seems like we always get the shorter and not as fancy version.
__________________
From Colorado, studying meteorology at OU.

" There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right and not fear to do or say what you believe." - Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #437  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 7:07 PM
blm3034L!fe's Avatar
blm3034L!fe blm3034L!fe is offline
Denver is the M/W Father!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Here is a rendering that was printed in the Denver Business Journal in August '07. I'm not sure which version is being built. It shows 19-stories, rather than 15:

So this will not be the tower?

How disapointing!!!
__________________
We're either progressing or retrograding all the time.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #438  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 7:50 PM
blm3034L!fe's Avatar
blm3034L!fe blm3034L!fe is offline
Denver is the M/W Father!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Posts: 1,995
BUMP

The New additions in the DTC Should be added in/on this list IMO, also the Current U/C Towers in the DTC area should be added as well.

I think it is a pretty kick 🞵🞵🞵 thing that both Downtown Denver and the DTC are still experiencing this major BOOM!!!

Oh any more details about the supposed 40+ Story tower for the DTC?

Renderings? News Paper Article? Something/Anything?
__________________
We're either progressing or retrograding all the time.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #439  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 4:54 PM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
OK, put together a DTC list and post it here. Provide a rendering and project details such as; start date, completion date, stories, height (feet), and any other relevant info you have for each project. I will then compose a DTC rundown out of it and add it to the bottom of the main post (above Colorado Springs and Black Hawk).
__________________
Automation Is Still the Future
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #440  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 6:56 PM
FrancoRey's Avatar
FrancoRey FrancoRey is offline
Stay Thirsty.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,831
In other words, do the work yourself!

__________________
Denver's getting infill like it's 1999...
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.