HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #401  
Old Posted Feb 16, 2008, 8:03 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
SnyderBock, I have to say, I like what you've done with the page!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #402  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2008, 2:02 AM
Lorax3000's Avatar
Lorax3000 Lorax3000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 69
you should get a picture of what the future skyline will look like right underneath the present one
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #403  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2008, 2:43 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Some people have done great work with Google Sketch-up. I think I could give it a try in a few days.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #404  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2008, 6:25 AM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
I've tried to do a skyline rendering, I just don't have the skills. If you would give it a try, The Dirt, I am sure it would turnout great! I would love to post it right below the current skyline photo, like Lorax3000 has suggested - that would be sweat, especially if it was from the same perspective (but do it however you wish, I will adapt to you)!

-Four seasons
-1401 Lawrence
-Two Tabor Center
-Spire
-1800 Larimer
-1900 Sixteenth
-One Lincoln Park (if visible, it may be hidden)
-Plus any others you want to do?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #405  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2008, 12:25 AM
DownhomeDenver DownhomeDenver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,584
Although Embassy Suites won't be a 40 story high rise, atleast it will be another crane we see this year!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #406  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 11:39 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Just updated the Spire construction animation. I should have one for Four Seasons in a few days, as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #407  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 5:06 AM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
Where can those updates be seen?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #408  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 5:24 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
I just made animated .gif files of the webcam shots, and Snyderbock posted the Spire animation on the first page of this thread. If you need the webcam addresses they are:

For the Spire:
http://www.myjobcam.com/viewer.swf?u=nichols&p=password

For Four Season:
http://www.fourseasons.com/private_resid...updates/construction_camera_updates.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #409  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2008, 10:17 AM
Top Of The Park's Avatar
Top Of The Park Top Of The Park is offline
no its not...
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,085
Thanks Dirt
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #410  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 7:51 AM
FrancoRey's Avatar
FrancoRey FrancoRey is offline
Stay Thirsty.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,831
This doesn't have to be done immediately as we just found out about it, but Snyder: You may soon wish to add the new Watermark condo tower proposal at 4th and Acoma. 326 feet and 27 stories is certainly meritable!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #411  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 9:01 AM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
ok, what's the best rendering for it?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #412  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 12:19 PM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
Checkout that update!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #413  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 4:40 PM
Top Of The Park's Avatar
Top Of The Park Top Of The Park is offline
no its not...
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
Checkout that update!

Your high rise run down gets better and better. Congrats on your 1,000 post btw.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #414  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 5:12 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Very nice update!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #415  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 5:38 PM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
Thanks for the skyline rendering The Dirt! I think everyone will enjoy it greatly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #416  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 5:52 PM
FrancoRey's Avatar
FrancoRey FrancoRey is offline
Stay Thirsty.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,831
All I want for my birthday is the go-ahead for a 43-story Tabor! I love how from this angle it looks like a new tallest.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #417  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 6:10 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
I've added more frames to the Spire construction animation on the first page of this post. Check it out! I also tweaked the Future skyline shot a bit. Look for a tiny Xcel sign on 1800 Larimer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #418  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 6:10 PM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
Near the top of the rundown, right below Dirt's Before and After job, There is the Denver's Tallest List - which I have just now added links to each building on that list!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #419  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 7:01 PM
EngiNerd's Avatar
EngiNerd EngiNerd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 2,003
I really like the Spire Construction animation, very nice job. Are you making one for th Four Seasons as well?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #420  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 7:53 PM
MitchCPC's Avatar
MitchCPC MitchCPC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 200
I like how you describe the future of the city at the beginning.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:41 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.