^ I know with this might be controvesial issue, but it is a fact!
Denver needs to seriously start planning something for Most all of the Metro area freeways! I-25 is only functional in the southern 20+ Miles from about what Broadway/Gates down past Lincoln.
But then if you look at I-70/I-270/H-36/I-225/H-6th to name a few they are all over congested almost any time of day, and the condition of the freeways are atroshious IMHO!!!
And if minimal upkeep and non widening continue for the next 5-10 years? The metro Denver Area is Screwed LITERALLY!!! Right now I have to commute 25 miles to work one way. Only taking one freeway I-25 But it takes me 45 min-1 hour to get to work and home, you might think that is only rush hour? It's not I left early the other day for an appointment and guess what? 1:00 P.m. same damn 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 congestion.
Now I know that some of the Growth has apparently slowed down? But from what I have witnessed and from just being in my industry talking to people meeting with people, there are still plenty of people moving to this area daily, in fact on a daily basis I talk or meet with people who have just recently moved to Denver or are planning to do so. Anyhow the Metro area is estimated at or around 2.7/2.9 Million, I think that is an understatment personally but okay what ever, imagine by the year 2010 when, no question the Metro area will surpass 3 Million! Then what? that is an additional at least 100K vehicles on the freeways!
Denver is in a traffic and Highway/freeway Crisis in my honest opinion, like it? or not? Something WILL have to be done soon, and I believe sooner rather than later and continuing to pretend that the problem does not exsist is simply retarded...