Quote:
Originally Posted by tarapoto
The 777's are meant as replacement for the 340's and 330's, so they will be retired eventually. They maybe be open for new routes for awhile, but Air Canada is expanding it's fleet of new aircraft, but at the same time getting rid of the old ones. The 767's are as good as gone when we get the 787's
|
I have always read that the 340's will be sold off but the 330's are staying. The 330 is supposedly a very economical aircraft to run for AC. As for the 767's being retired, they will be but how soon i'm not sure. The 767's are currently being refurbished. Would it make sense for AC to refurbish the 767's and get rid off them a year or two later? I think the 767 is one of the best long-haul aircraft in the world. I don't what other aircraft can seat passengers comfortably in a 2-3-2 seat configuration and have the same range.