Quote:
Originally Posted by brento79
I hope the lack on new flights is addressed at the meeting tomorrow. LAX needs another flight.
DEN, ORD, SLC need bigger aircraft.
IAH is proof of why we need more competition in Canada on Transborder routes. Air Canada has that market saturated via YYC. Our only hope is a return of CO, or WJ to enter the market.
I think Edmonton could support a winter charter in to Thailand as well, due to all our tourists.
|
What meetings are these for and how often are they held? Who attends them? The airlines, YEG bigwigs, anyone else?
In one sense i don't see why WestJet doesn't try the YEG-IAH route since it seems like it's sorely missed at YEG. On the other hand, WJ is not a business airline, has no other airline to connect to at IAH and Houston simply isn't a leisure destination that anyone would want to fly to. I just don't see the oil tycoons flying non-business class on WJ, getting a happy birthday song on their flight and eating their chocolate chip cookies.
Unfortunately, we need competition on some of the existing routes to get better aircraft, better frequency and better service from Air Canada. I'm kind of surprised that American hasn't been mentioned much in terms of YEG service. I forget where their hubs are to be honest.