Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280
If Walton on the park is one the worst, clunkiest of the designs of this boom, I am pretty satisfied. I mean the skyline wouldn't look good at all if all buildings had the profile of the Park Towers, Chicago Spires, Legacies, Waterviews, and Trumps of this boom (just to name a couple of them). I think we are pretty fourtunate and that a clunker or two might just be somewhat good placeholders that can be torn down in 25 years and replaced by a nice, much more expensive, and much taller building...
|
I doubt luxury condominiums will be torn down anytime soon.
That said, I still prefer this project to the surface parking lot that's there now, and what will matter the most is how well it interfaces with the street, in terms of retail, parking access, facade materials, and the potential hulking oppressive blank wall of a parking garage. It could yet turn out pretty decent.