Quote:
Originally Posted by newflyer
It is true Calgary has a somewhat more deversified economy than in the 80's, but the result of high lease rates has driven some of the non-oil companies away. Overall if the oil industry tanks in anyway I don't see Calgary coming out of it too well. It would effect the oil companies and natural gas companies.. energy support companies... construction companies... property management companies.. service companies... among mnay many other companies.
With energy prices dropping it may be time to cash out.
I may be wrong... I guess we will see.
|
I keep hearing this term "cash out"...it's kinda funny, but true. People selling their $500,000 Calgary homes, moving to Regina and buying a $300,000 home which is twice as big, newer, and paying cash
7 years ago...I was one of those university students who couldn't wait to finish school and move to Calgary! But now, you'd have to put a 🞵🞵🞵 to my head. Regina has come so far in the last 7 years, and has SO much potential right now. I enjoy my, literally, 5-6 minute drive to university...and 6-7 minute drive to work. And I live in the eastend...so it's not like I live right beside the school or downtown. With a new baby in my world...time is tight. I am going to university, working, and have a 3 week old baby. I only get to spend a few hours a day at home with him. It would be a travesty if I had to spend those extra house in my car stuck in traffic trying to get home from work or school in Calgary. Not to mention the housing costs for a young family like myself...no way I could afford a decent house in Calgary. In Regina, it's attainable.
Regina is looking good folks.