Schirmer's was a staple in Westwood Village back in the day. It's clients included the old guard of the film industry, including Nelson Eddy, Johnny Mercer, Robert Taylor, Lloyd Bridges, Robert Stack, Rod Serling, Charles Bronson, Jeffrey Hunter and many more.
Jeffrey Hunter - the original Captain of the Starship Enterprise... before William Shatner!
Please forgive my nerd outburst, I've been a Star Trek fan since I was a kid.
If that don’t wurk ouwt, try a look around Franklin just east of Western looking south by west. The Hollywood Boulevard store shifted over there across from Immaculate Heart and their store became Pier 1. What’s that huge apartment building by the rows of old Palms at the top?
Sorry, I meant west of Western, not east. But I can’t place that apartment building in that area.
Vintage 1910 Venice Beach Calif Ocean Front Walk Billiard Hall Potter Apts Photo
The address of the Potter Apartments is listed as "Ocean Front cor Westminster av" in the 1913 CD, which means it's likely to be the building I've just posted above.
If that don’t wurk ouwt, try a look around Franklin just east of Western looking south by west. The Hollywood Boulevard store shifted over there across from Immaculate Heart and their store became Pier 1. What’s that huge apartment building by the rows of old Palms at the top?
I’ll correct myself again and say we are viewing along Franklin looking east by south with the Trianon Apartments building just over on North Serrano (1750ish) looming behind that reddish bubble thingy at the top of the photo. (So I’d guess Billy Joel might have thought these were some Catholic School girls out there.) And that corner building would be the shop where Sister Corita’s artsy stuff was handled (?).
I’ll correct myself again and say we are viewing along Franklin looking east by south with the Trianon Apartments building just over on North Serrano (1750ish) looming behind that reddish bubble thingy at the top of the photo. (So I’d guess Billy Joel might have thought these were some Catholic School girls out there.) And that corner building would be the shop where Sister Corita’s artsy stuff was handled (?).
This shot appears briefly at the end of the opening to The Rockford Files and I've always wondered where on the maze of L.A. freeways it was shot but never really tried to figure it out. Is that Paramount Blvd on the sign?