Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
Oof. I have not been impressed with their work. I had hope that the University would do something more innovative here than some strip malls adjacent to some apartment buildings in a landscape of surface parking - time will tell I suppose.
|
Yeah, it's a waste of a good piece of land. But that seems to be most of Regina's history, lol. Should be the city's motto: A Waste of Good Land. Unfortunately, we can't seem to ever actually stick to any plans, and just allow any development at the first sign of interest (and often even then allow for major tax incentives, etc).
The one I fear the most is when the following land is redeveloped. It's prime, park-adjacent space, and close enough to downtown to warrant some mid-rise...but I fear it's going to just be some Deveraux-style lego apartments with massive parking lots: