HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5541  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2026, 10:24 PM
gecho111 gecho111 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,065
Street lights up on the extension of Rink into Coopertown. Big stack of rebar cages at the data centre. With the sun getting lower, a lot of glare capturing the north side of the site looking south even around noon. Lines paved on the north Albert bridge so it could open right away. Still some work off the road left to do. When I was going through the REAL grounds a bunch of police were practicing throwing spike strips.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reginaconstruction/








Last edited by gecho111; Sep 17, 2026 at 11:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5542  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2026, 10:55 PM
gecho111 gecho111 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,065
Since it was cloudy I went out to the data centre to get a video and a few more shots there and the long term care project. It looks like they were scraping some of the wet mud off the surface at the data centre and loading it into dump trucks, quicker than waiting for the ground to dry out to work in a particular area. Doing the last of the building framing at the Costco entrance. Starting to assemble the parking lot lights. Working on parking lot grading so they can expand the paved area.

Costco Panorama: https://cdn.pannellum.org/2.5/pannellum....r.com/65535/55536658104_ecb6d4d001_o.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reginaconstruction/

• Video Link



Last edited by gecho111; Sep 19, 2026 at 2:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5543  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2026, 1:26 AM
gecho111 gecho111 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,065
Not a lot going on in Royal Park this year. I've heard Emerald Park is getting a McDonalds. Nothing at the business park by the Coop cardlock yet. Cutting holes in the Costco roof for HVAC units. Ran the reclaimer along a section of road in Westerra and prepping the last section over to the roundabout. Paved one of the new townhouse complexes parking lots yesterday and painted the lines. It already had its first layer of pavement from last year.

Royal Park panorama: https://cdn.pannellum.org/2.5/pannellum....r.com/65535/55537475197_0e9a524279_o.jpg
Emerald Park retail panorama: https://cdn.pannellum.org/2.5/pannellum....r.com/65535/55538660469_d3c9dab10b_o.jpg
Westerra panorama: https://cdn.pannellum.org/2.5/pannellum....r.com/65535/55537475827_4870d3b3f7_o.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reginaconstruction/





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5544  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2026, 10:37 PM
gecho111 gecho111 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,065
Got around to a bunch of spots today. Another section of cattle barn tent foundation poured. In a photo I took in the evening the two equipment sized door locations on the side of the new tent foundation have corresponding locations facing the old tent (which should get modified at those locations to add doors). Most of the CBS building foundation broken up. New traffic lights at Woodland Grove / Arens flashing red in all directions. Working on the last section of sidewalk for the Arens extension, so maybe it will open after that. No one working at the long term care site today so I got some closer photos. I went past the data centre and noticed they have a pipe running down the grid road ditch and a pump going from their big on site pond, the pipe was so long at first I thought it was delivering water as I approached from the rainbow bridge side. I should have moved the drone further forward for the distillery panorama to get a better look inside, maybe I'll head back this evening as it looks like they aren't working today.

Distillery panorama: https://cdn.pannellum.org/2.5/pannellum....r.com/65535/55540867280_e87d8f7fae_o.jpg
Evening distillery panorama: https://cdn.pannellum.org/2.5/pannellum....r.com/65535/55540750756_43ba879647_o.jpg
Adding more column footings inside, so there could be another balcony extension. I think all the steel painted yellow will eventually be removed. It looks like they are building a new frame to support the roof higher up than the original yellow frame. So a lot of structural work inside the building.

Long Term Care panorama: https://cdn.pannellum.org/2.5/pannellum....r.com/65535/55539455382_42926c72db_o.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reginaconstruction/












Last edited by gecho111; Sep 21, 2026 at 1:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5545  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2026, 3:48 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
I cannot even fathom the data centre at 4x!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5546  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2026, 12:56 AM
The mayor The mayor is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,729
Saskatchewan is building.

From July 2025 to July 2026, investment in building construction is up 22.8 per cent, third highest in Canada.

Regina is up 40 per cent and Saskatoon is up 26 per cent - one more sign of Saskatchewan’s strong, steady economy, even with all the turmoil happening beyond our borders.
Scott Moe
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5547  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2026, 2:00 AM
gecho111 gecho111 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,065
Not much daylight in the evenings now. Bypass bridge repair deck area cleaned off. A little asphalt boiler there so they can coat the concrete before paving. Railing back up but needs shimming. Excavating the piles at the Costco gas station to pour the footers for the canopy and attendant shack.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reginaconstruction/

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5548  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2026, 2:35 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
On the Bypass bridge, I do not see why they need the Highway 11 lanes closed if this is all that is remaining. There might be some painting to do, but as usual, they are in no hurry to take down the barricades.

Highway 6/Albert bridge is now partially open bit speeds are still 30kph
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5549  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2026, 9:04 PM
gecho111 gecho111 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,065
Big stockpile of base material at the data centre site. Made a big pile of wet dirt next to the pile of top soil just outside the east side of the site. Still drying out the Grasslands site with fans. Final grade for the next section of Costco parking lot to be paved. They ran the reclaimer at the entrance by the gas station yesterday, and in a wedge close to the building today. Hauling off dirt piles from the NE corner of the site so they can start parking lot work over there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reginaconstruction/







Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5550  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2026, 9:20 PM
The mayor The mayor is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,729
https://www.sasktoday.ca/regina-today/re...-outlines-plan-for-48m-new-home-12810154
Regina Floral Conservatory outlines plan for $48M new home
Although not confirmed yet, Sharpe said the project is estimated to cost $48 million and would be 42,000 square feet, requiring a multi-funding approach.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5551  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2026, 10:44 PM
PrairiePrince PrairiePrince is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
https://www.sasktoday.ca/regina-today/re...-outlines-plan-for-48m-new-home-12810154
Regina Floral Conservatory outlines plan for $48M new home
Although not confirmed yet, Sharpe said the project is estimated to cost $48 million and would be 42,000 square feet, requiring a multi-funding approach.
I would love to see this project happen, but the timing will be tough. Getting $9.6M directly from the city seems unlikely at the moment and I don't think it fits the feds priorities enough to get $24M from them. Hopefully they can line up some more significant private donors.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5552  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2026, 10:58 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairiePrince View Post
I would love to see this project happen, but the timing will be tough. Getting $9.6M directly from the city seems unlikely at the moment and I don't think it fits the feds priorities enough to get $24M from them. Hopefully they can line up some more significant private donors.
Agree. They have a tiny operation. They will need to raise most of this privately. Maybe they could move out near the data centre and get free heat. Maybe Bell would sponsor them.

Edit. I understand George Gordon FN is planning greenhouses out there. Perhaps they could do a JV with them on their land. That would also help them with grants and sponsorships.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5553  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2026, 11:14 PM
The mayor The mayor is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Agree. They have a tiny operation. They will need to raise most of this privately. Maybe they could move out near the data centre and get free heat. Maybe Bell would sponsor them.

Edit. I understand George Gordon FN is planning greenhouses out there. Perhaps they could do a JV with them on their land. That would also help them with grants and sponsorships.
According to the conservatory, SaskBuilds has permitted the group to build the site at Wascana Park. Although not confirmed yet, Sharpe said the project is estimated to cost $48 million and would be 42,000 square feet, requiring a multi-funding approach.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5554  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2026, 12:09 PM
The mayor The mayor is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I cannot even fathom the data centre at 4x!
When I first heard about Bell’s massive data centre project in Regina, I could hardly believe what I was reading. I was literally shaking, thinking, “Oh my God — is this really happening?” I even had tears in my eyes.

For someone who loves Regina and wants to see the city grow and succeed, this feels significant. It’s not just about one development — it’s about the investment, construction, technology, jobs, infrastructure and opportunities that could come with it.

What really gets me thinking are the spin-off possibilities. What other companies could follow? What new businesses could be created? What other developments might come because Regina is attracting this kind of investment?

Nobody knows exactly where it will lead, but Regina could be at the beginning of a remarkable new chapter.

This could change our city in ways we haven’t even begun to imagine
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5555  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2026, 3:30 PM
pappcam pappcam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
When I first heard about Bell’s massive data centre project in Regina, I could hardly believe what I was reading. I was literally shaking, thinking, “Oh my God — is this really happening?” I even had tears in my eyes.

For someone who loves Regina and wants to see the city grow and succeed, this feels significant. It’s not just about one development — it’s about the investment, construction, technology, jobs, infrastructure and opportunities that could come with it.

What really gets me thinking are the spin-off possibilities. What other companies could follow? What new businesses could be created? What other developments might come because Regina is attracting this kind of investment?

Nobody knows exactly where it will lead, but Regina could be at the beginning of a remarkable new chapter.

This could change our city in ways we haven’t even begun to imagine
Your AI posts are creepy and there is a dedicated datacentre thread.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5556  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2026, 3:57 PM
gecho111 gecho111 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Your AI posts are creepy and there is a dedicated datacentre thread.
AI loves using that long dash (em dash) that isn't on a keyboard where you'd have to open a character viewer and find it. The real Mayor also rarely uses periods.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5557  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2026, 3:59 PM
YEG-Urbanist YEG-Urbanist is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecho111 View Post
AI loves using that long dash (em dash) that isn't on a keyboard where you'd have to open a character viewer and find it. The real Mayor also rarely uses periods.
Or coherent sentences.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5558  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2026, 4:21 PM
The mayor The mayor is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,729
“I’m not sure why the way I write is more important than the subject being discussed. I sometimes use AI to help organize or polish what I want to say, but the thoughts and opinions are mine. If there’s already a dedicated data-centre thread, that’s fair enough — I’m happy to keep the discussion there. I’d rather talk about Regina and the project than argue about punctuation, em dashes, or how many periods I use.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5559  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2026, 4:26 PM
The mayor The mayor is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecho111 View Post
AI loves using that long dash (em dash) that isn't on a keyboard where you'd have to open a character viewer and find it. The real Mayor also rarely uses periods.
I was responding directly to Stormer’s comment about the scale of the data centre. And gecho111 posts photos on the main page regularly, so I’m not sure why my one relevant post is suddenly an issue. It was posted as part of the discussion, not to disrupt the thread.”
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5560  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2026, 7:40 PM
Festivus Festivus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
If there’s already a dedicated data-centre thread, that’s fair enough — I’m happy to keep the discussion there.
This is why using AI to help people write is dumb—because Mayor is basically the only person posting in the official thread for the centre, yet this sentence indicates they know nothing about it!

(also I used an em-dash the old-fashioned way here, by pressing alt+0151, lol)
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:39 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.