Quote:
Originally Posted by dhottawa729
FALSE- you can still book YSJ-YHU and beyond well into 2027 on flyporter.com as well as Expedia.ca
An unsubstantiated rumour like that will only weaken consumer confidence and become a self fulfilling prophecy.
|
See the post above

thanks for confirming, Magee, as disappointing as this news is
Looks like Pascan is indeed moving on from YSJ. I noticed on the Porter website that there were no flights past mid October, but maybe that’s because I was looking to book onwards to Winnipeg, and not just Montreal.
Will government step up now and get YSJ included in the PAL Atlantic Canada flight program? I sure as hell hope something gets done.
With all of Carney’s talk about attracting foreign investment and concession models for our largest airports to fund better airports in smaller centers, maybe we could actually see the Fredericton—Saint John combined airport idea actually happen, and mostly paid for by foreign investors.
I don’t think DP World would think twice about being a major investment in a new Canadian airport if it meant a green light for further expansion and development at nearby Port Saint John.
As AI manufacturing and other new technologies develop, there will be more synergies developed between cargo shipping and air cargo. Moreover, it’s pretty clear the PM wants to see Canada invest hundreds of billions in the military over the coming decades, and CFB Gagetown is right there between Saint John and Fredericton… now seems a better time than ever.