Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown
I dunno. That entire set of towns along 611 is densifying nicely. I go up there periodically to get my car serviced at a mechanic that specializes in German Cars and I'm always impressed by the incremental urbanist change that's happening. Much more street grade infill than in other suburbs for sure.
|
Interesting. The PREIT sale of Willow Grove Mall is only a portion of the property:
- The transaction covers a roughly 725,000-square-foot portion of the 1.2 million-square-foot Montgomery County property, featuring major tenants like Macy's, Nordstrom Rack, Apple, and The Cheesecake Factory
- Bloomingdale’s and Primark are owned by separate entities and are not included in the sale.
The buyers Namdar Realty Group, Mason Asset Management, and CH Capital Group seem to have very middle market commercial properties (e.g. Office Max, Outback Steakhouse, Ross, Zales) in their portfolio, so a new urbanist transformation of the Willow Grove property on that side seems unlikely. I could see the sale benefitting the redevelopment of the east side of the property (Bloomingdale's) to build a park, walking trails, and housing on the lake, however. It would complement the impressive redevelopment of the Willow Grove Shopping Center happening across the street that genuinely has better-than-expected design and materials so far.