Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat
Idk what else you’d qualify as mixed-use if not something like this for this location. This is right off a highway, not near transit, but has retail and fairly dense housing (for the suburbs). About as good as you could hope for at this location.
|
If this site was developed as separate parcels no one would be calling it mixed use.
Proper mixed use would be apartments or office with ground floor retail. Proper mixed use would not have a sea of parking.
It's a shopping center with some housing on the side. Tens of thousands of shopping centers in the region are situated next to housing. No one calls it mixed use; it just happens to be the case these are being developed in tandem so they can use the moniker because it feels more conscientious.
Toll doesn't do anything good in this region, TBH. I wish their development here had a fraction of the creativity that they do in NYC. In spite of us being their headquarters region, we get their shittiest product. I'm not kidding when I say I think they build better product in nearly every single other market than they do here.
They really embody the spirit of low ambition found in many natives.