I've noticed a few vacant smaller office buildings Downtown recently. I was wondering whether any of them might be considered for hotel conversions? The more modest scaled projects seem to be achievable more easily than the 'big idea' hotels like DeedCorp's Granville Street tower, and there a number underway, and more proposed. 'C' Class offices have the highest vacancy rate Downtown.
CBRE have the whole of 814 Richards available for lease (42,000 sf 1971 office), and
929 Granville and
840 Cambie are both for sale. I also wonder whether Reliance's new Beatty Street office could become a hotel, if they fail to find a tenant. As they're already in the hotel conversion business, I would assume that a newly built mass timber building might not be an ideal candidate, and in theory it ought to be an attractive option for an office tenant.
(This could also have been posted in either the office or hotel thread, but I put it here).