Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnguys
Yes, on Hubert Ct (this is why we should never name streets after businesses lol). The concept was terrible - you order at counter, pick up utensils on side and sit and eat your meal at rather uncomfortable tables. I think people were expecting what it’s like in Moncton - a regular sit down restaurant. So didn’t last long at all. I can see the current Swiss chalet building being a good fit with some major renos. Reality is Swiss chalet is a favoured spot for seniors who are ok with a mediocre meal for a decent price, so I’ve never seen the bar utilized much except when it first opened. So might be a better fit for St Hubert’s
|
I tried that St Huberts when it first opened. As I recall I didn't care for it and only went the once. Now that you mention it I think it was the concept/setup I didn't like as much as the food.
Talk over on Facebook's Retail Talk and Share says the new Swiss Chalet will be smaller with no bar and less dine in area.....more focus on delivery and takeout.
Someone also suggested the St. Hubert would be a very different concept to what was here and failed some years ago.
Interestingly, several posters were rooting for something like Jack Astors or Kelseys to take the old Swiss Chalet location.
Someone else brought up the rumour of the Keg at Eastpoint but I'm sceptical the numbers would work in SJ. I know someone who tried pretty hard to get a Keg franchise some years ago but got turned down due to the city size and demographics.
From AI....
For a new The Keg Steakhouse + Bar location to be considered in Canada, the company generally requires a minimum population base of approximately 100,000 people in the market.
The Keg Steakhouse
The Keg Steakhouse
+2
Key Requirements & Considerations:
Population Density: While 100,000 is the benchmark for Canadian markets, some specific franchise information indicates that in certain contexts, a higher catchment area or a minimum of 250,000 might be preferred for new developments in broader, more competitive areas.
U.S. Market Requirement: In the United States, a larger population base of approximately 225,000 people is required to consider a new location.
Target Demographic: The brand targets residents aged 25–64 with an annual household income of +$50,000.
Financial Requirements: Franchisees must have a combined net worth of a minimum of $2 million, with an estimated total investment to open a restaurant ranging from $2 million to over $5 million.
The Keg Steakhouse
The Keg Steakhouse