Posted Apr 22, 2026, 3:59 PM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nepean
Posts: 2,680
|
|
I wonder where the $85M/y figure comes from? Previously they were talking about $4B over 30 years = $133M/y (on average).
So has the total been reduced to $85M x 30y = $2.55M? And, that 30-year maintenance contract has been counting down, so it is not even 30 years any more.
I wonder if the Province is only thinking of covering the remainder of the maintenance agreements, and not off-loading the payback of Ottawa’s capital cost.
Man, I would really like to have actual INFORMATION instead of another confirmation that they are looking into the possibility of maybe uploading something.
Anyway, my suspicion is that IF the Province takes on part of the O-Train costs ($85M/y, apparently), the City will simply remove most of that amount from the annual OC Transpo budget. (How is that for cynicism?)
|