Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy
I'm a little confused as to why Ottawa is funding this development and not financing it through a low interest loan. I'd rather see 90 million build houses on Northern Reserves where housing is so desperately needed. I appreciate this development i just don't understand the funding model, will all the First Nations led developments on Naawi-Oodena be tax payer funded? T1FN should be funding or leveraging financing for their projects through land lease agreements with outside developers. Im all for receiving HAF grants for housing projects, im a big champion of the HAF program but $90 Million towards one project is a lot, especially considering all the government support for the balooning budget of Wehwehneh Bahgahkinahgohn. The city is better off with this project than without however id rather see houses built in Northern communities and T1FN led developments on Naawi-Oodena financced through low interest loans.
|
It is really confusing isn’t it. The news makes it seem like it’s a $90 mil grant. I’m pretty sure it’s financing.