Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown
Hit a nerve? Or just proving my point?
Regardless, all boomers and (some) suburbanites seemingly care about is home equity, so regardless of what people prioritize in a community, their homes would be worth that much more if there was actually a "there there" and they weren't simply choosing their location based on proximity but an actual draw. Let's be honest, most people in Plymouth Township are choosing proximity (and schools) and if they had the money, would probably rather live in Lafayette Hill or directly on the Main Line. I guess adjacent is good enough, but why not aim higher?
Gone are the days where having a walkable dense corridor was considered "uban" and undesireable. So this idea that everything is perfectly fine as is is actually preposterous.
|
I'm born and raised from the slums of Norristown. I currently live in Northeast Philly. I've lived in every part of Philly, from the badlands, to Chestnut Hill to Center City. The people who live in Plymouth Township (the ones who have lived there for a long time) want their home equity to raise like any homeowner does, but not at the cost of increased traffic. There's family that have been living in those areas for generations Gallos, Gambones, Corbos, etc) that don't want it to change too much. I can see your point for the new people maybe, but not those who have lived there their whole lives.
You're making it seem like it's bad to have upper middle class suburbs.