Quote:
Originally Posted by lrt's friend
Why do talk this way? Can you not figure out when I talk about rail, I am talking about rail and the connecting bus service?
|
It's an odd way to frame the issue when most of the delays/cancellations/long transfers/longer travel times come from the bus side of the system, not rail. I know that the buses feed into the rail, but it's the buses that need fixing. So why is rail still the centerpiece of the discussion?
Quote:
|
I am also not talking about politucs. The service simply deteriorated massively in the last 10 years. Part of this ties in with undelivered promises in 2019 and abandonnent by riders en mass because of it. Also, the current mess with lack trains, buses, opérators and mechanics. That is not politucs. Blâme lies every where and there is bad luck as well.
|
As I said, whether you like it or not, much of this is the direct result of political decisions around transit.
How did we end up with a lack of buses, operators, and mechanics? Would you suggest that a decade of austerity-driven policy has nothing to do with it?
Quote:
|
Why do you disbélieve a riders expérience. When it now takes two buses to reach rail, why is there a doubt that commute times have doubled?
|
I don't doubt that commutes have gotten longer, but I think it's unhelpful for people to keep focusing their blame on "rail" while their bus service continues to deteriorate. Our rail system isn't going anywhere, so let's focus on the buses again?
I've read enough of your posts to know what you "mean" when you talk about rail, but "I mean something else when I talk about this thing" is just such a poor form of expressing anything.