Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakafi_81
As for any network expansion, I'm not going to expect much from AC until they get some slack in the widebody fleet to see any significant growth from them. Until then, I'll be counting on foreign airlines to start any new route out of YVR.
|
Even with a spare frame, they chose to launch YUL-UIO on a 788 rather than YVR-South America to counter WS. Like I said I didn't think AC would bother trying to defend YVR because they don't care. WS is eating ACs lunch from western canada to Europe and AC has done literally nothing to respond (they actually cut service for this coming summer). Clearly it won't be any different for anywhere else.
Even when the fleet grows I expect all of those frames to stay out east. AC has shown they really only care about YVR-Asia and that market is pretty full. If the Chinese carriers get some more frequencies (likely after Carney's meeting with Winnie the Pooh) I'd expect AC to pull back any expansion plans, possibly even cutting some new routes like BKK/SIN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie
As for WS and Transborder Aeroroutes posted a rather detailed list. So many changes/cuts across the board. Looks like most of the cuts are delayed start dates for the peak summer (mid June to mid September). Too lengthy to summarise but this link shows everything. Jim Liu must have spent a lot of time compiling this! Still leaves a decent amount of Transborder flying from various Western Canada airports unlike AC!
https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/260127-ws2q26us
|
I got the impression from that list that the cuts only went to June 22, not that the start date was pushed out. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.
A later start date could make sense if it's mostly US demand. Canadian flyers would start going south earlier since the weather is better sooner, but if they're not flying then maybe the US demand is still there just later in the summer when the weather is more predictable up here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoflyzone
Patience....
You really think EY would choose YYC over YVR on it's own? I don't think so.
|
You know a lot more about the industry than I do, me being an outsider, so I'll take your analysis at higher value than mine, but nothing is for sure until the wheels touch down.