HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2025, 8:59 PM
fanofYOW fanofYOW is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I've hypothesized on this before but I don't think Ottawa offers any worthwhile connections from YXU. I seriously think they would sell more seats to YYZ than to YOW for connections. AC used to use a DH1 or DH3 on this route, is a DH4 maybe too much plane for this now? I really enjoyed flying on Porter but I'll be damned if I'm going to Ottawa to connect anywhere when Toronto is such an easy drive or an easy connection on the few AC flights a day. No way can Porter offer a fare cheap enough to sway enough people on that choice. Never mind too that Hamilton is also an ever increasing viable choice as well.

Does Porter have any international codeshare partners that they could feed into Toronto for?
In a few years time, PD will have YOW-North America pretty much covered so YXU-YOW-X will be more worthwhile then. I have to agree that driving to YYZ from London is a good option if going south or something along those lines. But YXU-YOW-Western Canada/Maritimes is a much better option than driving to YYZ IMO. There is for sure a market of pax that completely want to avoid YYZ. YOW these days is also seeing an increasing number of Toronto originating pax connecting in YOW, so I would have to say YXU won't be an exception. Earlier this year, I came back to YOW from LAS and when we landed they asked us all to stay seated because there were 22 pax on board with a very tight connection back to Toronto that needed to be let off first.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.