HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1181  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2025, 1:00 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
Yeah, that forever rock slide is a huge joke as well.

And every “plan” for an interchange has an “intermediate” step to be implemented first (wasting money on a couple more turn bays of what not).

It really is such a joke.

Government spending has never been higher in genera, yet far far far less seems to get done (if anything, things have gotten worse with more homeless, more drug problems, more crime, etc…)

Essentially the money has all been spent on programs and hiring people that have only made things worse.

But don’t worry, every highway project now comes with a land acknowledgment and, no joke, every “potential” interchange project on the 97 also has an “inclusivity” measurement to see if the project is viable…

A strong centre, or just right of centre, provincial party needs to come along ASAP to finally get the NDP out and some good infrastructure investment rolling in the interior.

Far right insane 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 party though will only make things worse.
__________________
Bridging the Gap
Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/with/29495547810/ and Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0_0h9qKlhxXFxuAey_q6Q
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1182  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2025, 3:40 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
Agreed. We need to go to the middle ( the real middle not a fake centrist ) .

I cant see the Red bridge being rebuilt before 2030 at this point ( if at all ) and I doubt the north Shore will get another bridge before 2040 or 2045.
__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1183  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2025, 10:05 PM
Jensen201's Avatar
Jensen201 Jensen201 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Tk’emlups
Posts: 84
Looks pretty AI generated but seems like a cool idea for such a lame city, what’s the everyone’s thoughts on this?
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2rmMMD6]IMG_4642
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1184  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2025, 10:35 PM
mindcash mindcash is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen201 View Post
Looks pretty AI generated but seems like a cool idea for such a lame city, what’s the everyone’s thoughts on this?
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2rmMMD6]IMG_4642
I saw this on Facebook as well, the guy behind it Sam Thacker does have fairly deep pockets but that image is completely AI generated lol. If he does have a real business case and follows through, don't expect it to look anything like that
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1185  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2025, 11:47 PM
Vantage's Avatar
Vantage Vantage is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 516
I hate the trend of construction "renders" being AI. I've seen it about three times now where a project has used a blatantly AI picture as a show of concept. The Go-kart track in that image makes no sense at all if you try to follow the course. And two of the slides appear to be merged at the top. And the perspective is just all sorts of wrong.
__________________
Vancouver born and raised | My Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1186  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2025, 6:52 PM
Jamaldenberg Jamaldenberg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 23
Would be cool if this actually goes through. Reminds me of the time when that massive indoor waterpark was proposed for the KIB. Time will only tell.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1187  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2025, 11:11 PM
VantageHD's Avatar
VantageHD VantageHD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 753
Cool idea and great location. Hope it comes to fruition. Kamloops has had its fair share of fly by night ideas. I think you're talking about Cedric's, haha. I remember going to the launch of this at TRU. There were politicians and business leaders in attendance. I actually thought it was going to happen for how serious the launch was.

• Video Link
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1188  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2025, 5:21 PM
BC.Tom BC.Tom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Posts: 96
A nice shot of the Amadeus building on the north Shore with the Duchess and Innova projects in the background. Grabbed it from the Orion Construction Instagram

amadeau by Thomas Johansen, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1189  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2025, 5:56 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
Yeah I hate to be skeptical but I have a feeling will be getting 4 new bridges built here before we EVER see anything like that water slide idea. If it goes ahead, it will be built in Kelowna. I think long term residents have seen to many projects planned and vanish or drastically change from conception to get excited about much at this point. I doubted City Garden would be built until I saw them building forms. Even though we received plans for bids.
__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1190  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2025, 5:59 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
You think the A.I. generated renders are bad...

How about the render for the bio fuel project proposed on the reserve lands in Kamloops supposedly starting in 2026?




BWAAA HA HA HA
__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1191  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2025, 12:10 AM
zoomer's Avatar
zoomer zoomer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,050
k, not gonna lie - that may be the best thing I've seen on SSP all year!

It's so terrible, I love it! I mean, I prefer this to AI 🞵🞵🞵🞵, at least it's honest and we can employ elementary school kids to do renders now. It's almost beautiful, in fact I declare it is! If only avatars were bigger you could replace yours with this one.

I even rank this bio fuel render (and that's classic) ahead of Justin Trudeau's sketch of the Human Rights Museum:



source

Last edited by zoomer; Aug 13, 2025 at 1:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1192  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2025, 4:06 AM
Repthe250 Repthe250 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
Like the rock slide in the Okanagan ? 3 years. still not fixed. Haven't worked on it in 16 months. we have a loser government.
We really do. We’re falling so far behind the rest of the country.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1193  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2025, 9:40 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
Looks like the same elementary school designed those projects,
( I know the one is the woke museum in Winnipeg & it turned out pretty good ).

__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1194  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2025, 10:14 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
City looking for more then one bridge from Province and FEDS

Councillor Katie Neustaeter supported the broader scope, emphasizing that the second crossing conversation shouldn’t be eclipsed by the Red Bridge replacement. “We are not making a decision between a Red Bridge and another access point,” she said. “It’s a non-negotiable point. Kamloops is owed two bridges.”

Others urged caution. Councillor Dale Bass warned against “muddying the conversation.”

“If we think we’re going to get two bridges — not in my lifetime,” she said. “We do need it, but we’re not going to get it.”

- Does anyone else wish Dale Bass would just shut up for a change?
__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1195  
Old Posted Aug 14, 2025, 11:54 PM
VantageHD's Avatar
VantageHD VantageHD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 753
Ugh, I can't stand any of them. I find them all useless. Dale Bass especially low IQ though. Her defeatist attitude is why nothing gets built here. I mean it might be confusing for her, but to everyone else it's not. She's basically admitted to giving up on advocating for an additional bridge before even trying. She's such a loser. Just get off council if that's too much for you.

So, to answer your question, yes I wish she would shut up and go away, haha.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1196  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2025, 5:00 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
Vantage HD

__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1197  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2025, 5:31 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
The guy behind the FORGE thing is also involved with PRIMERICA lol.

So... good luck lol.
__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1198  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2025, 6:33 PM
mindcash mindcash is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
The guy behind the FORGE thing is also involved with PRIMERICA lol.

So... good luck lol.
Until I see a building permit issued, I'm not believing anything haha. Even with a permit I'd still be skeptical
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1199  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2025, 6:34 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
Even with equipment on site I would still doubt things.
__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1200  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2025, 9:06 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857


Looking east from the North side of the south Thompson ( found online )
__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:14 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.