Very spot on! Whatever finally made them see the light I’m glad! now that one of the options is back to the original plans. I just hope they follow through with it, that location deserves a 20 story building and nothing less. I hope it can pencil out with potential tariffs on steel and other building materials has me concerned.
Regarding HiFi-I assumed it would be a sports bar type concept but like your ideas of a lounge with older clientele. As for the punchline comedy club the trading post is out because that is being converted into a Cornish & Pastry concept out of Phoenix utilizing the whole building. The Chicago store is a great idea. The news mentioned live nation is no longer working with Peach properties and working with other downtown property owners on another potential site.
I do believe I read recently that their contract to develop the site was up as of this year sometime and so I believe that’s why they are asking for another appraisal of the site bc peach properties is abysmal!
The developer Scott Stilter did not have a good reception from almost half of the board regarding his Moxy hotel if everything goes right it is at least another year and a half before they get building. Apparently it’s really messy because that site was supposed to be another affordable housing apartment complex and the city gave him the exclusive right almost 20 years ago to redevelop it however it sounds really convoluted i would be shocked if it ever gets built.
The Volvo site ran into a 90-120 day delay in getting approved, they took out the hotel component now it’s all apartments. It looks okay they tried to match the welcome diners mid century design the architect mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71
Maybe this small-town Obie Company is seeing other buildings like the Speeway+Campbell project and being pushed to develop something larger like before. I mean isn't Obie partnering with Opus, Daboub, Schwabe and Sundt on this too? Regardless I'm sure we'll be disappointed.
As for Fletcher saying Hi-Fi would become adult entertainment. I'm sure he meant an establishment for the 30yo+ crowd. Like an upscale hotel bar or venue for adults and not a bar aimed at youth. Downtown has been having a lot of problems with young people getting in fights and stuff and its all in that same vicinity of whats supposed to be a nice area with the AC Marriott, this new 75 E Broadway/55 Scott Development, etc. I'm sure thats what he meant. I wouldn't be surprised if that Punchline Comedy Club wants to move into that space. Wonder why they're not considering the old Chicago Store or the Indian Trading Post. All seem like viable options. I actually wish they'd get rid of Cobra Arcade and put it there.
Man I hope you're right that they're creating a new RFP for Ronstadt Transit Center. After a decade of no movement from Peach...it's time to toss them. With all this drama happening with Borderlands, Punchline, stalled Ronstadt...maybe Rio Nuevo is waking up and distancing themselves from Peach. They need to.
|