Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown
Same.
And noticed Aritzia is open on Walnut and looks great.
I walked the length of Walnut from 18th to the Gayborhood and have to say, from what I saw, there were no vacancies on Walnut on the 1700 block and every vacancy on the 1600 block seemed to have a coming soon sign posted. Borromini also feels close to opening...sign is up. Going to do alot to enliven the north side of the square.
Feels like things are about back to "normal", whatever that means.
I still wished Walnut had more and better street scaping. The Rittenhouse Row Corp (whatever that is) seems to be woefully bad at its mission, when compared to other business improvement districts in the city...especially given its resources.
|
Veronica Beard also opened and Abercrombie was actively U/C, and Joan Shepp moving next to Equinox.
My broken record gripe... the worn out pedestrian lines at intersections and the often beat-up sidewalks and curbs. Impossible to fix every little street, but Walnut/Chestnut could use some TLC. Curbs should be steal lined like in NYC.
Market Street West looks great with the planters, brighter lines and improved bike lane.