HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


View Poll Results: Who has the more positive vision for Canada's future?
Mark Carney's Liberals 176 73.95%
Pierre Poilievre's Conservatives 62 26.05%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2025, 3:56 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
You’re a doctor, you have no idea what low income people go through.
You have benefits, pension. Millions don’t, and they don’t even earn enough to save.
I'm fee for service. This means I am personally incorporated and have no pension or benefits. I save for my retirement. Maybe this is why I am still working at age 67, and plan on keeping going until I am 69.

I may be a "rich doctor" now, but, my father died when I was 10 years old. He worked for CNR and didn't have a full pension when he died. My mother brought me up on a meager partial survivors pension and what she could earn as a seamstress. We lived in a downtown duplex with poor heating. I remember having to break the ice in the toilet bowl occasionally to go to the bathroom in the morning. I put myself through undergraduate and medical school. I did not get any help from my mother (nor did I expect any since she was just barely making ends meet).

Don't presume that you know what other people have gone through. I do know what it is like being poor. I know it very, very well...............
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:28 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.